“Much more than it looks like from the road.”
Review of Ella's American Bistro - CLOSED

Ella's American Bistro
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Morris Rd
Transit: Strafford train station is a 10 minute walk away down Sugartwon Road across Lancaster Avenue
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Much more than it looks like from the road.”
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I have been here quite a few times as it is near my parents house. Ella's is in a shopping center and from the outside you would never expect the fine dining experience you will find inside. Over the last two years we have been there at least a half dozen times and never disappointed. Everything they serve is top notch.

1 Thank Christopher19380

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New Chef , Great execution”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This was out 2nd visit to Ella's. The room decor and atmosphere is very nice and relaxing. The food and overall dinning room execution was top notch.
We were told they recently hired the chef fromerly from Alba in Malvern(great resturant).

I had the classic steak Frite and a side of roasted brussell sprouts and really enjoyed the meal. The only downside was that their draught beer system was out and i could not enjoy a fresh brew.

We will be back

1 Thank Chris H
Malvern, Pennsylvania
“Ella's doesn't shout .....”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Soft sophistication and subtle flavors in a comfortable dining room were exactly what we needed last sunday evening.....my dining partner gave a thumbs up to his Roasted Beet Salad and Duck Breast entree.... The mix of beet/fennel /orange and goat cheese was interesting enough without the earthiness of the roasted beets getting lost. The Duck Breast was cooked to pink perfection.
My P.E.I. Mussels were fat and flavorful, in a broth layered with leeks, mustard, allagash and served with a fresh crusty baguette.
It was overall a very satisfying experience, we will go back to try
more of the menu at this little spot . Good for couples, romance,
as well as business. Would not recommend for kids.

3 Thank MagnificentPath
Mont Clare, Pennsylvania
“VERY glad they made us come back a 2nd time ~”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This was our 2nd trip to this warm & cozy Bistro...Wanted to take advantage of the Monday night, half price bottles of wine, which was very fine by us! A notable Tempranillo from La Mancha area of Spain was an excellento match...!

I had their Viking Village Scallops, which was quite different w/Celery Root Puree, Hazelnuts & Pickled Grapes; imagine that!?! And initially, the size of the scallops seemed way-too-BIG but they were so tender & yummy, specially w/that cWAzY sauce ~ M'Lady had their Steak Frites which was a Hanger Steak w/ a red wine sauce which had a lotta flavor but not quite so tender...Plus their fries were amazing! I tried their “Grenobloise Trout" in a brown butter, lemon-caper sauce w/roasted cauliflower & croutons, which was like NO trout I EVER, never had before!?! It was yummy, flavorful AND tender but moist too ~ REMARKABLE! I almost licked my plate but my GF stopped me short...!?!?!?!

Service was great as always and the ambiance was quite nice, specially on such a chilly night...
NO room for dessert this trip, but maybe next time...Can't wait ~

1 Thank 407Marco
Wayne, Pennsylvania
“Great place”
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a really good meal here. The food, service and decor where excellent. We will return.

Visited January 2014