“What a great evening”

Ella's American Bistro
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Morris Rd
Transit: Strafford train station is a 10 minute walk away down Sugartwon Road across Lancaster Avenue
Woodland Hills, Ca
“What a great evening”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I love to send compliments so have another occasion to do so. We went there after a long day of travel and dealing with lost luggage so I needed a mood turnaround and certainly got it. My friends who live in the area are definite foodies and proved their mettle with this recommendation.

The meal started with the assorted charcuterie and then the fois gras, It was excellent and well served and plated. I wanted a good sauternes to accompany it and the sommelier helped me choose the best wine for the fois. He was helpful in the other wine selection of the evening. All the dishes were first rate and the ambience was particularly nice unlike many of the noisy restaurants where conversation can be difficult.

If you are in this part of the Philadelphia suburbs, I suggest you give it a try.

• Visited August 2014

Stamford, Connecticut
“Lovely restaurant and gracious dining!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was my first time dining at Ella's. In fact, I never knew it existed until I saw it on the Devon Courtyard suggested list. I had a wonderful meal. The beet salad was large and delicious. The cavatelli was excellent and the lemon tarte was mouth watering. I had a cocktail and a glass of wine and both were generous. I was dining alone while on a business trip and everyone was gracious. I didn't think it was any more expensive than other mainline restaurants and it was quiet. I wll go back next trip.

• Visited July 2014
Devon, Pennsylvania
“These Guys is Fantastic!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I watched this shopping Center go up! I live directly behind it. I vist the funtasic spot often and the staff, owners, and chef all enjoy my visits.

Say hi to the wonderful bartender with a heart of gold!

• Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Get over yourself: overpriced, over seasoned, overly impressed with itself but doesn't deliver.”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Sophisticated menu ideas but execution not. Too much sauce, too much salt. Meat not cooked as ordered, didn't come back till other diners were finished their dinners. Drinks were mediocre but expensive. Acted
Like a top restaurant but isn't. Pretty place, though. Over priced

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Mfpearl
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
“I'd go back!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Disclaimer - We went to Ella's with a coupon.

What a lovely place. It was our first time there and we felt a bit underdressed (we went during a snow storm and were dressed for a snow storm). Our waiter was almost too attentive, but that is better than not attentive enough. All of the food was very good. The atmosphere was nice as well. It is an expensive restaurant, so it is not one I'd head to often (unless I had a coupon).

• Visited January 2014