“We come here once a year, and ALWAYS stay here”

Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wayne
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I have a swim meet out here every year, and every year we stay here because of it's proximity to the pool and, of course, to the mall. The lobby is spectacular (Must have just been redone) and the rooms were spotless and comfortable. The value was great, the management was really helpful, and we were literally 2 minutes from the King of Prussia Mall! Definitely stay here if in doubt about the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Matthew G
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia

Reviewed 27 July 2011

The room was very clean, close to shopping and restaurants. The staff was very pleasant. We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I usually don't write a reviews for business trips, but decided to make an exception.
The hotel has nice refurbished lobby, but that's about it.
I think the biggest disadvantage is single elevator and hotel has a plan of a square. So if you have to drag a luggage, elevator is diagonal to the lobby. Being tired after the long trip and some luggage with you, worse thing can happen is to get room on a second/third floor, in the area above the reception. Good luck with that.
It might be convienient due to the proximity of the King of Prussia Mall, but that's it. It does not have restaurant, nor there is any in the walking area. Can be noisy from nearby 422 RT, depending on the room location. Cleanliness of the room is acceptable, but not best. Parking can be a hassle to, an option could be to use stairs and park nearby once you get your room. This set-up reminds me more of a motel rather then Courtyard. Internet did not work, had to spend half an hour on the phone with technician - twice ! - to make connection operational - it was provider issue.
I will avoid this hotel in the future - nearby Courtyard in Malvern is much better.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank --Roman_PA--
Reviewed 6 May 2011

I had several interactions with the staff, all favorable. Check-in was efficient and friendly. When my key would not open the fitness center door, the desk clerk made a special effort to get it corrected immediately and walked with me to make sure it worked. At check-out, another clerk went to the kitchen and brought me a bag of ice instead of merely directing me to the ice machine (because "it's at the other end of the building") The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, and the TV was a nice 32" LCD. It was especially nice since this was a Priceline bid.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 April 2011

once again i picked a courtyard marriott and once again i wasn't disappointed. new, clean, well organized and run. and feather pillows to boot. not a four seasons, but great for the money.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2011

I loved cute modern lobby at Courtyard. It's very nicely designed and there is a cafe for snack and drinks in the same area. I could sit there and hang out all day.

The front desk staff (female, I forgot the name) was VERY friendly and welcoming. She also made great suggestions for dining.

There is a big swimming pool with whirlpool jacuzzi, if you are into swimming. Gym equipments are new.

Room was spacious and quite.

I enjoyed my stay here and wouldn't mind staying again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 December 2010

We checked in around 11pm on Thursday night, Dec 9th and when we walked in, it immediately seemed like we were bothering the front desk agent by asking him to check us in. Not a very warm and inviting experience right off the bat.
My boyfriend and I were in town to visit family and took Friday, Dec 10th off from work to sleep in and go shopping at King of Prussia Mall. We were rudely awakened @ 6am by a fire alarm and had to evacuate the building. It was 20 degrees outside and we were forced to stay/sleep in our cars until the alarm turned off @ 7:20am. We were cold, tired, and forced out of our room on a morning we were looking forward to sleeping in and enjoying a day off from work.
After the alarm went off we returned to our rooms until we checked out just before noon. Upon checkout, I went to the front desk staff to return the room key cards, make sure my Marriott rewards number was on my reservation and to inquire about the fire alarm. When I asked the front desk agent about the fire alarm, she told me the cause for the fire alarm, and that was it. I mentioned to her how inconvenient it was for my boyfriend and I to have to spend almost an hour and a half outside in the freezing cold in our car at 6am, (even though, of course, it wasn't her fault), but all she did was look at me. She did not apologize, did not offer any kind of assistance for our inconvenience, nor did she act like she even cared.
I worked as a guest service agent at a hotel in downtown Philadelphia in 2009/early 2010 and if this had happened during my shift at the hotel, I would have obviously offered my sincerest apologies, and asked if we could do anything to accommodate the guest for their inconvenience. Now, I wouldn't have asked for my room to be comp'd, however, any kind of care, concern, or a simple apology from ANY staff member at the Courtyard Marriott would have been greatly appreciated.
Additionally, I do travel for business as well as pleasure, and Marriott has a lot of making up to do before I decide to stay at another Marriott property in the near future. Thank you for your attention and hope you can train your guest service staff properly for matters such as these in the future.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge
Courtyard Philadelphia Devon
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge
Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia
Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia ...
#7 of 16 in King of Prussia

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia? Share your experiences!