“What a Treat!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Wayne B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“What a Treat!”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

A wonderful two night stay at the Wayne Bed and Breakfast topped off our trip to the East Coast to visit our child at college. We prefer the B&B route to the usual hotel chain selections and were happy to find this gem. The B&B is in a gorgeous historic house with beautifully decorated rooms - each with a different decor theme. The rooms are good sized and very comfortable. The location is outstanding for visiting any of the colleges/universities in the area including Swarthmore, Bryn Mawr, Haverford, and Villanova. The B&B is also with walking distance of the town of Wayne, the Strafford Train Station, and, for the exercise minded, the amazing Radnor Trail is about a 10 minute walk away. Traudie and Bob are great hosts. They were very flexible with our timing for breakfast and offered a number of delicious options including omelets and healthy selections like yogurt and granola. We usually stay with old friends when we are in this area, but are happy to know that when we want something a little different, we can come back to our new friends at the Wayne B&B!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Everything about my October stay at the Wayne B&B was terrific. The historic house and surrounding gardens are stunning, the Thomasons are charming and extremely accomodating, and the Main Line location is top notch. The impetus for my stay was for a family friend's wedding taking place nearby. Our group of 5 out-of-town friends all hoped to have an intimate home-like accomodation. The Wayne B&B was perfect! The bedrooms are comfortable and well appointed. The sizeable beds have Tempur-pedic mattresses, most baths are ensuite and everything was expertly clean. The main rooms of the home are elegant yet casual and the oversized front porch is pure magic for conversations with friends. We immediately felt right at home!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Alexandria, Va
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I recently had the opportunity to spend a night at the Wayne B&B. Found it to be a wonderful place. Beautiful house and grounds, comfortable rooms. The house and rooms were superbly maintained. Best part however was the owners. Very friendly and flexible. Although they have a nice dinning area for breakfast, I decided to be less formal and just eat in the kitchen so we could chat while they prepared my breakfast. Best part was I kept coming up with 'options' for my breakfast and they kept finding ways to comply :-). If you prefer B&Bs over conventional hotels, I can highly recommend the Wayne. If you have never stayed in a B&B, try the Wayne, you will never go back to a Marriott or Hilton again!

Room Tip: All the rooms were excellent. Take a look at their website, they have good photos.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 October 2012

My husband invited me to accompany him on a business road trip to Philadelphia, then up to Connecticut and Massachusetts. I happily accepted because I've wanted to visit the Barnes Foundation since my university days! I picked out our accommodations using Tripadvisor and decided it would be nice to stay at a bed and breakfast instead of one of the usual chain hotels. I am so glad we did! We had a lovely bedroom at the top of their gorgeous Victorian house, with what my husband swears is the comfiest bed he's ever slept in! Bob and Traudi were so welcoming and helpful! They were generous with advice on driving directions and restaurant recommendations- we went to The Silver Spoon and George's. The staff and cuisine at both restaurants were outstanding! If we ever go back to Philly (and I hope we do because it is such a beautiful and friendly city and there is so much more of it that we want to explore) we will definitely stay at the Wayne Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 7 October 2012

If you are visiting this area the Wayne Bed and Breakfast is the perfect place to stay. The Ritz Carlton has nothing on this B&B! Service; cleanliness; comfort and hospitality were all outstanding here! This adorable B&B located right off the Main Line (Strafford train stop) within walking distance to adorable shops (1st Anthropologie & The Little House Shop were two of my favs) as well as lots of local eateries (The White Dog, Georges, Silverspoon).
Bob and Traudi made me feel right at home as soon as I arrived. The rooms are spacious and the grounds immaculate. You will not want to miss an opportunity to stay with these two. I was in the area for work and now I am looking for an excuse to go back for fun thanks to the "southern hospitality" of the Wayne B&B.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Oradell, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We had a lovely stay while visiting our son at a local college. Bob and Traudi were wonderful hosts who made us feel at home immediately. The house and grounds are beautiful and our bed was extremely comfortable. We wish we could have stayed longer and hope to return for our next visit to the area. Thank You!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 14 September 2012

My husband and I met our son and his wife for a lovely stay at the Wayne Bed and Breakfast to celebrate birthdays. Since our grandaughter is in college nearby and she had a special birthday, this was a perfect place for us to meet and relax. Traudi and Bob could not have been a nicer host and hostess. Breakfast was delicious and our favorite spot was their lovely porch. Our room was spacious and light and very comfortable. We visited with dear friends nearby, and Chanticleer Gardens which is amazing. In Philadelphia we spent time at the lovely Rodin Museum, newly reopened. Thank you, Traudi and Bob for making our weekend so memorable.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
Radnor Hotel
Radnor Hotel
#4 of 5 in Wayne
Courtyard Philadelphia Devon
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge
Philadelphia Marriott West
Philadelphia Marriott West
#1 of 1 in West Conshohocken

Been to Wayne Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!