“Home away from home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Wayne B&B and Inns
virginia
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a quick get-a-way on our way to see Chanticleer gardens. We had a lovely, spotless room and private bath. Very quiet and relaxing. Breakfast was delicious served shortly after we arrived at the table. Had a yummy smoothie type treat to top it off. Traudi and Bob are both so warm and inviting, seemed more like old friends than strangers. Very near to some great restaurants and boutique shops and beautiful gardens. Highly recommend, with no hesitation.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vasmalcolm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

We spent one night here while in town for a wedding. This is a lovely bed & breakfast. The grounds are particularly stunning, with a secluded swimming pool and a couple of ponds (complete with frogs). It is so lovely and peaceful in the back that you feel like you are in the countryside rather than a short distance from bustling Lancaster Avenue. The innkeepers were very friendly and helpful but not overly hovering or intrusive (as some B&B hosts can be). Breakfast was wonderful. Traudi made my husband a big delicious omelet. I don't like a big breakfast, so she kindly provided me with toast and Greek yogurt with fruit, which was perfect.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

My family stayed here recently while attending the Devon Horse Show. This is a beautiful old house in a cute little town north of Philly. The common areas are very well done, with pretty furniture and artwork. Our room had a beautiful four post king bed, immaculate wood floors and a huge bathroom. The water pressure in the shower is great. The grounds are very nice too, with lots of greenery and trees. There are many restaurants and cafes within a few blocks. Although we were driving, you could easily walk to several places and enjoy a nice meal and drinks.

The owners and operators, Traudi and Bob, are charming and very helpful. I have read that they make a great breakfast, but we were not able to eat there because of commitments in the morning. But we did see several people in there each morning having a great time.

For anyone that likes a warm personal touch and something other than your standard run-of-the-mill chain hotel, we heartily recommend the Wayne Bed and Breakfast Inn if you find yourself on the Main Line.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

- Short Summary -

• Good Food (such as home-made Mango jam and real maple syrup)
• A spacious room in a beautiful house
• most importantly, Traudi and Bob (owners) are incredible nice

-The Detials-

I had the opportunity to stay at the Wayne Bed and Breakfast for two days in April, 2013. The house is extremely beautiful. The area around the house is very peaceful and quiet, surrounded by other beautiful houses and many trees. The air is fresh and you will feel rejuvenated during your stay. Although you are so close to nature, the stores and restaurants are not far away at all. The Main Line is just two blocks away; the downtown area of Wayne is only a 15-minute walk away.

While the house is extremely elegant and beautiful, one thing that is impossible to forget is the hospitality of the owners Traudi and Bob. On the night of my arrival, my co-worker and I had to arrive late due to train/work schedule. Despite the fact that we arrived much later than expected, Traudi greeted us warmly at the door, she also offered us candies and gave us a quick tour of the house. Traudi asked of our morning schedules and when we would like breakfast to be served before we headed to bed.

We met Bob the next morning at the breakfast table. Bob is also very kind and he made sure we are hydrated and "caffeinated". :-) I came to find out that there is a winery trail in the area from Bob. We had a nice conversation about wineries and the history of the house. The next morning, he also gave me a hand out of all the wineries on the winery trail.

The food at the bed and breakfast is simply amazing. On the first day, we were served ham, home made corn muffins and biscuits with 3 types of home-made jam. We were also offered two types of omelet. I went with fresh basil, cheese and tomato omelet. On the second day, because of a schedule change at work, I only had 30 minutes for breakfast. As I rushed down to the kitchen and was planning on checking out while feeling a little bumped out that I had to skip breakfast, Traudi offered to make me something quick. Boy, it was quick, but it was so good. I was offered some plain greek yogurt with granola and home-made mango jam, a piece of ham and banana pancakes with real maple syrup. Everything served at the breakfast table was heavenly all thanks to Traudi's passion for good and healthy food.

My experience at Waye Bed and Breakfast was exceptional. With all the good food, the extremely considerate and friendly owners and the tastefully decorated house, I really enjoyed my stay. There is really nothing bad to say about this establishment. This is where I will stay from now on when I visit the area. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Rooms on the top-most floor has slightly weaker WIFI signal.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank superarona
Wayne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

I highly recommed Waye B&B Inn. Traudi and Bob are wonderful hosts. They provided us a most delicious breakfast in their beautiful dinning room. I am a local resident but I couldn't wait to stay at the B&B for a "mini-getaway". This is the perfect setting for bridal parties & pictures. The interior and exterior of their home is stunning. I also believe their home to be the perfect overnight stay for business guests attending business on the main line. Their home would accommodate the business planning meetings that are typically held in a conference center setting.
My young boys enjoyed it as well. They loved everything from reading by the warm fire, hot chocolate for breakfast and every quaint detail that comes along with this beautiful home.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Cape Town
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

My colleague and I had the most wonderful time at this b and b. Bob and Traudi were consummate hosts, our beds were fabulous and breakfasts were lovely. I cannot speak highly enough of our experience; it was absolutely top class and is very highly recommended.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms wonderful!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Rosemont, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

My family and friends stayed at the Wayne B&B for a December 8th Institution at the Church of the Good Shepherd in Rosemont. Traudi and Bob made me and my guests feel so at home in their beautifully decorated and sparkling clean home. There was a family with children who had a mechanical breakdown in their car and Traudi and Bob could not have been more helpful.
It is in a peaceful yet accessible part of Wayne and I will always have my guests stay at the Wayne B&B in future visits.

Room Tip: My parents stayed in the Staffordshire room which is a corner room with lots of light. It brightens...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
Radnor Hotel
Radnor Hotel
#4 of 5 in Wayne
Courtyard Philadelphia Devon
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge
Philadelphia Marriott West
Philadelphia Marriott West
#1 of 1 in West Conshohocken

Been to Wayne Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!