“Good Comfort Food”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating
Concord, MA
“Good Comfort Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We had a wonderful lunch at Melt Down. Perfect comfort food for lunch. Better than mom's grilled cheese. Service was excellent.

Visited September 2013

Phila, Pa
“We didn't get it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

My husband and I went to Melt Down for a Saturday lunch. The staff was extremely nice; however we felt that the food was mediocre and very over-priced. Due to health issues, I ordered the big salad - it was limp, uninteresting, & had an off flavor. My husband said his grilled cheese was "just an ordinary grilled cheese", but cost more. We would not go back there.

burlington, NJ
“On a recommendation from a friend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

Heard about a different Melt out in Ohio recommended to me by a friend for when I was out there on vacation last week, (didn't realize until now that it wasn't the same restaurant chain) and was pleasantly surprised to see a Melt restaurant near my job. Traveled here with a coworker on a random Friday just to check it out.

I must say, I was skeptical about how a mac and cheese grilled cheese work work out (thinking fork and knife would be mandatory) but it ended up holding together just fine to eat it as a sandwich. The cook really knew what he/she was doing to keep that thick consistency, yet maintain a fresh and soft sandwich. The tomato soup was a bit lacking for what I would prefer (tasted like it was out of a campbell's soup can) but it was edible and the sour cream dollop was a nice touch.

Overall, I rank this location 4 out of 5 stars because it was a bit pricy for grilled cheese sandwiches. I understand that it's "gourmet" but I didn't see the value for the price. Good atmosphere and prompt service! Worth visiting again.

Hazlehurst, Georgia
“A great place for carb loading!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

This was our first time at the melt down. We love the wonderful sandwiches: the bread is fresh and all ingredients are quality. It really hit the spot. Also, love the cane sugar fountain. Wish that we had room for ice cream. I hear it's great too. If you want to carb load, there is no better place!

Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Very Grilled Cheese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

I love the selection of sandwiches (all variations of the grilled cheese). This is a great family friendly restaurant to go to - especially if you have kiddos with you (though it is just as good with out them). The milkshakes are amazing and super thick. Also the New Hope soda is a delicious and refreshing alternative to the everyday soda company beverages that we have at every other restaurant in the world. Strongly recommended!

Visited July 2013