“Used to wedding block weekend- amazing, helpful, beautiful!”

Courtyard Philadelphia Devon
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Wayne
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Used to wedding block weekend- amazing, helpful, beautiful!”
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I blocked rooms here for not only my mqany out-of-towners, but also for myself and sister for the night before the wedding, and my (new!) husband the night of our wedding. Beautiful rooms and common areas. The courtyard is gorgeous, with tons of seating and fire pit. The pool and hot tub were clean and so relaxing. I'd recommend this to ANYONE.

Side note- I called around to a LOT of hotels in the area before picking which one to block- this hotel gave us the best rates, had the best customer service, and were the most helpful.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Kara M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Devon, responded to this review, 29 September 2011
First let me say Congratulations to you and your husband! Thank you so much for your comments and kind words about the hotel and my Team. Best wishes!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I checked in the hotel on a Saturday late afternoon. The reception staff was very cheerful and the entire checkin took less than 5 minutes. The room was clean and spacious and the TV was a good size. There was a balcony but the view was the courtyard and other rooms. The renovation of the ground floor was done well with ample seats, coffee bar and computers for guests.

Comparing to equivalent hotels in nearby area, I liked the setup with separate seating area better at Hyatt Place. The price was about the same.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room at the end of the hall. Top floor is the 3rd floor - the stairwells are well li...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Kara M, Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Devon, responded to this review, 22 September 2011
Thank you for your great tips on the rooms! It is nice to hear great things about my team and the renovations.
wayne,pa
Reviewed 1 September 2011

After losing power because of Irene, my daughter and I sought respite here. The front desk was super accomodating- letitng us check in around 9 am on Monday after a horrible Sunday. We had a suite which was very nice and clean. Extra towels were not a problem. The Bistro was very good for breakfast and light dinner. They even had a small bar. I have stayed in many Courtyards throughout the eastern US and this was the best. Thank you Devon Courtyard for being so gracious during a dreadful time.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
I am so glad that we were able to help in such a difficult time. I am also pleased to hear you enjoyed the Bistro. My Team takes pride in their hotel, from the cleanliness of the rooms, to taking care of people. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay during a not so enjoyable Hurricane!
Provo, Utah
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Usually with Marriott's you come to expect some level of service. While I would give good reviews of the staff service and the hotel facilities I was deeply disappointed with the internet service and the lack of a breakfast. The internet service was so sketchy that i couldn't skype with my wife and kids but it kept freezing and cutting out. I had the same problems hardwired in and over the wireless. It was snail slow if you tried to load more than 1 browser page at a time. I don't know if I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: was very impressed with the 1 king bed suite
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Kara M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Devon, responded to this review, 22 September 2011
Thank you so much for your comments regarding the internet and trouble you had with skype. I am glad to hear you were impressed with your room, staff and facilities. Thank you for your review!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 August 2011

My husband and I were invited to a friends' 70th surprise birthday party in Haverton Pa. After searching the web for a few hours I came upon this hotel. What a find ! The room was extremely clean, the AC worked very well, the shower great, and the king bed comfy. The room was supplied with a hair dryer, iron and ironing boardmini fridge and coffee maker.. Hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We asked for a room on the first floor. It was very quiet with no overhead noise. The room rate was extremely reasonable compared to the other hotels in the area. I had asked if they accepted AAA or AARP discount. AARP was $6 cheaper than AAA. The hotel was 7 miles away from our destination but we enjoyed the scenery and the ride to our destination. I would stay there again in a heart beat.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We were looking for a place to stay in Philly, close enough, but not in the middle of the city. We chose this hotel. It was a couple of miles off the highway in a business park near a number of helpful stores for travelers - cvs, wawa, kmart. The room was very clean, the king bed was comfortable and the bathroom spotless. There was a small indoor pool and hot tub - open late. The lobby was brand new and geared towards a business traveler. There was a "bistro" - I would call it a snack bar in the middle of the lobby. We had breakfast there and it was surprisingly good. I was surprised because there were no apparent grill. My english muffin sandwich was precooked and I was wary, but was tasty. It would be good for business travelers who don't want to overeat. The fresh fruit was delicious, as was the French toast. The staff was friendly and efficient. We are considering using it for a family wedding trip in the spring.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed 25 July 2011

The hotel is on the mainline in PA. We stayed in the areas for a family gathering so I assume most people reading this are staying for business or family, not for attractions. We stayed July 2011 and once before about 18 months ago. Both times, it was a reasonably pleasant experience but the hotel has improved.

Its a little hard to find as its behind some buildings off of Lancaster Highway but its your standard Marriott hotel. The rooms were clean and the staff was pleasant. The hotel room (single king) was spacious with a comfortable bed, couch, flat screen TV, andl desk. The room has free wi-fi (for 1 day) but we only stayed 1 night. The bath room was modern with a separate area outside with a sink. Nothing special to report.

The main lobby area has a nice little cafeteria which was new. They had 3 booths with a small TV in each one. Very important to entertain small kids so the parents can actually eat a meal. They had a decent selection of breakfast and lunch meals and tables as well. Very clean. You can order for take-away or grab a number and bring to your table. The food gets delivered to your table. Right near the cafe, they have a small convenience store as well. We didn't explore the hotel to see what other amenities they had. Overall, we'd stay there again. The price was very reasonable and checkout was hassle free. We rated 5 for what it is. A very nice Courtyard.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
Radnor Hotel
Radnor Hotel
#4 of 5 in Wayne
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge
Philadelphia Marriott West
Philadelphia Marriott West
#1 of 1 in West Conshohocken
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
Residence Inn Philadelphia Conshohocken

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Devon? Share your experiences!