“Waynesburg Comfort Inn”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Waynesburg
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed there during American Thanksgiving in 2013, once on the way down to North Carolina and again on the way back to Ontario. We had stayed there in October 2012 and each time it was just fine. It may not be brand new but we didn't consider it shabby or dreary. The complimentary breakfasts were worthwhile and we enjoyed the Bob Evans restaurant for dinners, conveniently located at the bottom of their driveway. The staff were friendly and informative so we had no complaints.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
stacey i, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2014

Stacey Inghram
Comfort Inn
staceyinghram@hotmail.com

Reviewed 3 November 2013

While the staff is friendly, the entire hotel needs a makeover. The rooms are shabby and dreary. If you are staying in a room in the back you will need to keep the curtains closed or everyone coming into the building (or driving by) will be able to see in. There are other hotels in the area, it might be worth it to spend a few extra dollars to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda K
stacey i, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns about your recent stay at our hotel with us.

Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located at the top of a steep slope. This may be a sign of things to come. I stayed here three years ago and was very satisfied. This time around it is evident that a makeover is required. The hotel smells of cigarette smoke even though signs are posted stating smoking prohibited. The back door does not lock. Therefore not secure. Linens were showing signs of wear. Room carpets stained and worn down. Drive a little further for a safer, newer more comfortable hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank webtripper
Reviewed 8 July 2013

While it is true that a lot of the older hotels could use a face lift/upgrade, my Husband and I had a great experience regarding our stay in May 2013. The Staff members were very nice and helpful to us; suggested places where we could get something to eat, the room was very clean and we will definitely stay there again when we return to Waynesburg. I had left something in our room and they went out of their way to make sure it was returned to me since I live over 300 miles away. We are looking forward to our next trip to Waynesburg and our stay at The Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2013

For the price they get for rooms ($100plus per night) I expected A LOT more. There is no pool, no fitness room, and the check in staff acts as if you were imposing on them. For get the fact that if people were not staying in the hotel they would not have a job--they could care less. I do not know if the Hampton Inn is much nicer--they were completely booked so it was not an option, but I do know the rooms at the Hampton were less expensive.
The place is dingy and run down--desperately in need of a remodel. I would not stay here again--I would drive another 20+ miles and stay in a different town.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. Stay somewhere else it is not worth the price here.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 20traveler12
Reviewed 29 June 2013

First, I booked a reservation 1 week before to ensure I would be able to stay in the area my boyfriend was working in. I booked through Choice Hotels website (which I had done previously for a different area but a Comfort Inn) After driving 6+ hours straight I arrive to the hotel, where approximately 10 staff members were out front smoking, in uniform. I go into an entrance away from the staff members, I walked to the front desk where Tracey (which she should not be in a customer service position) was extremely rude and said "What is your last name?" I checked in, got my room key, and walked to find my room. I had booked a smoking king - as I approached the door it had a no smoking sign. I went back to the front desk and the lady called me a liar so I shower her a copy of the reservation I had that clearly stated "King Bed, Smoking room." She continued to be rude to me, so I told her to give me a refund if she couldn't get me what I had booked and be professional about this rather than disagreeing with me. I asked for a manager and she laughed and said "We don't have one on staff" I left, very unsatisfied. I will never go back to that place again.

Room Tip: Stay in Morgantown (Fairfield Inn) a lot cheaper, friendlier, and extremely nice.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Unavailable U
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We routinely stay at Comfort Inns because the price/value tradeoff usually suits us. This particular Comfort Inn did not deliver the value we expected for $102 per night. The room we occupied on the second floor was quite dated with paint and wallpaper looking old and tired; the hallways had a similar dingy appearance. It seemed as if the front desk clerk was feeling a bit tired too; upon arrival she huffed at the request to assign us a room that differed from what she had in mind. We were a bit surprised to learn that the hotel was at full occupancy until we learned that a considerable number of gas industry laborers call the place home while they work in the area.

Room Tip: Note that some of the first floor rooms are located below ground level with the room window looking...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike O

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!