At most Microtels, the price is the best point. You typically get a small but decent room for a reasonable price. Not so in Waynesburg. The prices here are usually higher than the Comfort Inn next door.
Apparently the reason is that these motels are frequently filled with transient oil and gas workers, as this is a rapidly growing industry in this area.
Unfortunately if you need to stay in Waynesburg, you don't have much choice as the lower priced rooms are pretty sorry.
If you can stay in Morgantown or Washington (about 1/2 hour south and north respectively), you'll have better choices. The Microtel in Morgantown is nicer and costs less.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Waynesburg hotel! Ideally situated off Interstate 79 at Exit 14; we are within close proximity to the John F. Wiley Stadium and Waynesburg University. Energize your morning and enjoy our satisfying HOT breakfast buffet featuring fluffy, make-your-own waffles, fresh pastries, HOT coffee and a variety of healthy options. Hungry for a snack or craving some ice cream? Stop by our 24-Hour MARKET featuring for-purchase sodas, bottled water, packaged snacks & frozen entrees. Our non-smoking Waynesburg, PA, hotel offers free parking and guest rooms or suites with microwaves and refrigerators are available. LOCAL ATTRACTIONS Root for the Waynesburg University Yellow Jackets football team with tickets to a game at John F. Wiley Stadium. Experience the history and heritage of the area by exploring a 19th-century school house, doctor's office and exhibits of artifacts at Green County Historical Society. Make a splash on your trip at Alpha Aquatics and swim in the pool, dive off high platforms, ride the water slide and relax on the lazy river. Head to the Green County Fairgrounds, less than a mile from our Waynesburg, PA, hotel, and enjoy concerts, exposition shows and other fantastic events. In August, head to the annual Green County Fair for agricultural shows, great food, vendors, fun games, live bands, tractor pulls and carnival rides. DINING OPTIONS Within walking distance, Bob Evan's Family Restaurant is open for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner with classic American cuisine. Enjoy finger food, hot wings, beef brisket sandwiches, pulled pork, burgers and mouthwatering ribs at Hot Rod's House of Bar-B-Que, just three miles from our hotel in Waynesburg. Get a table at Scotty's Pizza for subs, Stromboli, pasta, calzones and handmade food. Rohanna's Restaurant & Pub is the ideal place for delicious appetizers, juicy steak, fresh seafood, sandwiches and homemade soup. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Waynesburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn And Suites Waynesburg
- Microtel Inn & Suites Waynesburg Hotel Waynesburg