“Great stay at hotel”

Hampton Inn Waynesburg
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Waynesburg
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for a wedding. The staff was very friendly and made arrangements for us to check into our hotel early - we just had to make a call and ask. The check in was very quick and easy. The room was very clean and quiet, very comfortable bed! Great breakfast, a member of the hotel staff even helped me with the toaster. Very nice hotel. Would stay again! We also had a great room rate - it even included a discount for the wedding.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Shane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Waynesburg, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Hi Jessica,

I wanted to thank you for the nice comments you gave us. I hope the wedding went well and if you are ever in the area again we hope you stay with us.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 1 August 2013

The experience was good, a mix up on the room reservation but this was resolved and the remainder of the stay was a good experience. Very friendly and helpful staff, good location. The pool and computer center was an asset.

Hello,

I'm glad to see we were able to correct your reservation and give you a pleasant stay. It is really important to us that we deliver outstanding service and if we ever fall short we want to know about it. I understand your time is valuable so I appreciate you taking time out of your day to give us feedback regarding your stay. If you are ever in the area again I hope you think of us.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

The staff at this hotel is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and the hotel is almost new. In Waynesburg, this is the best lodging available. Highly recommended if you are in the Southwestern Pennsylvania area. Conveniently close to the freeway.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Hi,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you had such a great stay with us. We appreciate you telling everyone and hope you come back soon. If you every need any suggestions on where to eat or what to see while in the area our front desk staff will be more then happy to help.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 27 July 2013

I would definitely recommend this hotel. We had one small issue in that they did not have cream cheese for the bagels on three straight mornings. Other than that, the hotel staff were very friendly, helpful and efficient. Our room was clean and every thing in the room functioned properly.

Hi James,

Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry to hear we were out of cream cheese during your stay. I hope the rest of our breakfast was to your liking. We hope you come back to see us again.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We booked well in advance and picked this hotel because of its high ratings. Traveling cross country. Got a call at 9:30PM, 30 minutes before we expected to arrive, that the only room they had left was a smoking room. This despite the fact that their website lists the hotel as being smoke free. I was clear that I could not sleep in a smoking room and asked them to either find another room at their hotel or another nearby.

The clerk who called needed to check with the manager, but was unable to reach him/her. I went online and fortunately was able to book elsewhere. I know unforeseen things can happen, but there really is no excuse for a hotel to be overbooking when they have payment guaranteed by a credit card. And they should have been prepared to offer some other accommodation when they called.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Shane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Waynesburg, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Dear Guest,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our hotel. I honestly had to stop reading it half way through because I felt so bad for what happened to you. I recently spoke with the front desk agent who called you and she tells me that she needed to move a guest into another room that night because the room beside them was being too loud. She said that after she did the room move she realized that the only room she had left was the smoking room and that you were coming in for a non-smoking room. She panicked and was unsure what to do so she called you to let you know of the situation before you arrived. You were right to have asked us to put you in a different hotel for the night and if I would have known about the situation at that time we would have done just that. The front desk person did attempt to call the assistant general manger but was unable to reach him on the first call. I can't apologize enough for the inconvenience we put you through but what I would like to do is get your name and address and send you a certificate to stay at any one of the Hampton Inns you would like on us. You can use it now or you can use it later it doesn't matter. I can only hope that you will give us the opportunity to make it up to you in the future. Below you will find my email address. If you would be so kind as to forward me your mailing address I will get you your certificate asap.

Shane.Welter@hilton.com

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Made an overnight stop at the Hampton Inn Waynesburg PA, the front desk person was very pleasant with an great welcome. The rooms were new and clean, so no compliant's there.My only problem I had is with a noisy HVAC which I wont blame the hotel for as I encountered the same noisy HVAC model at another new hotel. But other than that a great hotel in an easy to get to spot.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Shane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Waynesburg, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I'm pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. If you ever travel our way in the future we hope you think of us. We would love to have you again.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

The beds are so comfortable and make for a great sleep. We especially like the duvets. The breakfast had excellent healthy options- much appreciated - fruit and yogurt. We plan to stay in another Hampton Inn whenever possible in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad to see you had such a great experience at our hotel. If you every need anything in the future when visiting our hotel please let us know. Enjoy your travels.

Shane Welter

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Waynesburg
#8 of 20 in Washington
Hampton Inn Uniontown
Hampton Inn Uniontown
#1 of 9 in Uniontown

Been to Hampton Inn Waynesburg? Share your experiences!