“Amazing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weatherly
RoundStone Camping Resort
“Amazing”
Reviewed 3 August 2012

This was our family's first vacation in 4 years. My husband and I are both nurses and deal with the public on a daily basis and we also own and run a goat farm. We wanted someplace secluded surrounded by nature and no people. We took our three youngest children and our older daughter came to spend a night with us also. We had a great time. The property is gorgeous. We cooked out and had a campfire every night. We played in the stream and watched the fish. We caught salamanders and frogs. We had an amazing time. We even brought our dog. We took quick showers but it was worth it. Loved the no TV. The kids had to use their imagination. Bring a bike and nets.

Room Tip: We stayed at the outback cabin. Totally secluded from everybody and every thing
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Joannarider

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New Jersey
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Disclosure - we are not huge campers and this was my first camping trip since I was a child and the first camping experience for our family of 5 together. We stayed in tents in a very private and clean tent site. No running water or bathroom facility available, but we did have our own port a potty that was clean. The property was beautiful and very spread out. We all had fun hiking through the woods and the kids had a great time playing in the stream and the waterfall. The best part was that we were permitted to bring our dog and she had the time of her life! The problem arose at night. A large group of people - we guessed they were mid twenties, moved into the site next to ours. Although there was a decent distance between our sites (we could not see them) we could hear them. Around 10 or 11 we were ready to sleep but this group made it nearly impossible. They were obviously drinking pretty heavily and were quite loud and obnoxious. Playing drinking games and a lot of bad language which the children all heard. They were obviously there just to party for the night. We tried calling and texting the owner Jill to see if she could come out and ask them to quiet down, but our calls went unanswered. I was pretty upset at this point, but there was nothing else to do but tolerate it. We chose this place because we heard it was so quiet and peaceful. They finally quieted down at 1 am. My husband would love to go back and get a cabin next time, just hope we do not have that experience again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank krp56
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My friends and I have been searching for a "go to" campsite here in PA for a while and we sure found it. This place is very nice! With wide open spaces, good fishing, and Jill, you don't need anything else! This place gives you privacy and comfort for a fair price. I have yet to stay in one of the cabins but, they all look very comfortable. This place deserves 5+1 stars and I will definitely be making more trips here. Jill takes care of her tenants but doesn't bother them. EPIC camp spot! check it out!!! you won't be disappointed!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
South River, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I can't tell you enough about this place i found beauty everywhere i look threw my camera lens. we had the pleasure of vacationing for 4 days and fell in love. Jan and Jill are the best hosts and truly have paradise in the middle of the mountains of Pa. My cousins found this place last year and this May we joined them on a return visit and much needed vacation. The fishing hiking and all around scenery is GREAT. My fiance and I went on a 2 hour hike and found many beautiful spots for me to just sit and snap pictures. Round Stone is a photographic mecca. I cant wait to return in the fall for our honeymoon and the fall foliage more pictures! I have tons of friends who are interested in visiting Round Stone just from looking at the over 900 pictures I took this trip. I came home very well relaxed and rejuvinated to carry on with my upcoming wedding plans. See you in October when we will be Mr. & Mrs. Dale Scott

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 28 February 2012

A group of 14 of us went to surprise my now fiance. We rented the buckhorn cabin and decorated. The place was beautiful and cozy. We enjoyed each others company near the fire pit while making burgers and hotdogs at the grill.
The place is very quiet and you don't have to worry about bothering others around you.
Skies were clear so we were able to see many stars at night.
Jill was very sweet and helpful from the beginning to the end in setting everything up. She even got us candles =)

I definitely recommend this place to anybody who wants to either get away as a couple or just have some quiet time in the woods.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank pjjr2
Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Absolutely amazing place! Clean, quiet, very private, nobody around. The best camp site I ever visited.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sergey P
Staten Island, New York, United States
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Round Stone camping resort, unlike other places I have stayed at, is clean, quiet, not overcrowded, with beautiful scenery and exceptional management. Jill and Jan really want you to have fun and relax. There are so many interesting places around (Jim Thorpe is just a few minutes away), but you would NOT want to leave the grounds.
Hey, did I mention the airport strip on premises??? This place is really unique. I will definitely be back in Spring!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weatherly
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton
Inn at Jim Thorpe
Inn at Jim Thorpe
#1 of 1 in Jim Thorpe
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Red Roof Inn & Suites Hazleton
Hampton Inn Hazleton
Hampton Inn Hazleton
#1 of 8 in Hazleton

Been to RoundStone Camping Resort? Share your experiences!