“I love this place!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weatherly
RoundStone Camping Resort
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We generally camp here as much as possible during the spring/summer/fall. The grounds are incredibly beautiful and the sites are well maintained. It is quite obvious that the owners love their land! We had the pleasure of staying in the outback cabin over new years weekend! What fun! With jack frost/big boulder, blue mountain, eagle rock, and camelback a short drive away, we were able to get out and ski everyday we stayed! Each time I come here, I feel like I am home. My dog has come to love Roundstone and jill and jan so much, she feels like she is coming home too. I highly recommend this place and as soon as I leave, I'm already planning my next trip back!

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed 27 August 2012

Jill was nothing but accommodating when we arrived. We stayed in the Buckhorn cabin with friends who have a young baby, and the cabin is very well-kept. Who could ask for more with air conditioning, a heater (if it gets cold), a ceiling fan, refrigerator, microwave and water cooler? Ok, so there are porta potties, but they were the cleanest porta potties I have ever seen. The shower is as advertised, it is a small shed with 5 gallons of hot water at a time, and you do have to wait about 40 mins for the water to heat up, but for someone who has camped her whole life, being able to take a shower was excellent. There is plenty of room for tents around (behind) the cabin. If you have a really big group, I would recommend the Outback Cabin as it has more room for tents, but it was booked when we were looking. Having a propane grill Friday night when it was pouring rain was fantastic.

The property is gorgeous and there are hiking trails there (recommend going up to the airfield, just don't walk in the middle of it!), but if you want to do more, the Glen Onoko falls trail is not far, nor is the Lehigh Gorge hike/bike path. Also close to Jim Thorpe if you want to do some shopping.

Just lovely, very peaceful, wish we could have stayed longer. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2012

That's what it feels like to spend some time at RoundStone. Owners Jill and Jan treat their guests like family, from the moment you arrive until the time you regretfully leave. Their property is stunning and the sites and cabins are situated in a manner as to give you peace and privacy -- so that you feel as if you're the only ones around. Any problems are addressed immediately and the facilities are among the nicest I've ever seen at a camping resort. The price is fair and accomodations comfortable. If I had my own cabin in the woods, I would want it to be just like the one we were fortunate to stay in at RoundStone. There is no doubt that we'll be back in 2013!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2012

My family and I had so much fun and relaxed by the water and fishing! I highly give Round Stone an A+! It is secluded and quite, lots of nature and plenty of fish to go fishing, snakes and other animals! We stayed in the Waterfall Cabin and it is the far best cabin out of 3. We were planning on staying for 2 nights but instead we stayed for 4 nights!!! We are definitly going back. If you would like to go camping and be around nature and looking for peace and quiet this is the place to go!!!

Room Tip: The Waterfall Cabin is #1
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Shannon B
Reviewed 3 August 2012

This was our family's first vacation in 4 years. My husband and I are both nurses and deal with the public on a daily basis and we also own and run a goat farm. We wanted someplace secluded surrounded by nature and no people. We took our three youngest children and our older daughter came to spend a night with us also. We had a great time. The property is gorgeous. We cooked out and had a campfire every night. We played in the stream and watched the fish. We caught salamanders and frogs. We had an amazing time. We even brought our dog. We took quick showers but it was worth it. Loved the no TV. The kids had to use their imagination. Bring a bike and nets.

Room Tip: We stayed at the outback cabin. Totally secluded from everybody and every thing
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Joannarider
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Disclosure - we are not huge campers and this was my first camping trip since I was a child and the first camping experience for our family of 5 together. We stayed in tents in a very private and clean tent site. No running water or bathroom facility available, but we did have our own port a potty that was clean. The property was beautiful and very spread out. We all had fun hiking through the woods and the kids had a great time playing in the stream and the waterfall. The best part was that we were permitted to bring our dog and she had the time of her life! The problem arose at night. A large group of people - we guessed they were mid twenties, moved into the site next to ours. Although there was a decent distance between our sites (we could not see them) we could hear them. Around 10 or 11 we were ready to sleep but this group made it nearly impossible. They were obviously drinking pretty heavily and were quite loud and obnoxious. Playing drinking games and a lot of bad language which the children all heard. They were obviously there just to party for the night. We tried calling and texting the owner Jill to see if she could come out and ask them to quiet down, but our calls went unanswered. I was pretty upset at this point, but there was nothing else to do but tolerate it. We chose this place because we heard it was so quiet and peaceful. They finally quieted down at 1 am. My husband would love to go back and get a cabin next time, just hope we do not have that experience again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank krp56
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My friends and I have been searching for a "go to" campsite here in PA for a while and we sure found it. This place is very nice! With wide open spaces, good fishing, and Jill, you don't need anything else! This place gives you privacy and comfort for a fair price. I have yet to stay in one of the cabins but, they all look very comfortable. This place deserves 5+1 stars and I will definitely be making more trips here. Jill takes care of her tenants but doesn't bother them. EPIC camp spot! check it out!!! you won't be disappointed!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Been to RoundStone Camping Resort? Share your experiences!