“A Dog's wonderland”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weatherly
RoundStone Camping Resort
Reviewed 26 January 2013

This is such a great place to enjoy your company and surroundings. The management is comfortable, and make it a great place to be. We usually go to Roundstone in the summer with our tents, but found that the cabins make for a cozy ski hut. Several mountains within half an hour, and great hiking within half a step.
C.F

Room Tip: Prepare. This is camping. The closest store is more than minutes away.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for RoundStone Camping Resort

Reviewed 11 January 2013

I've been camping since childhood and can honestly say this is the best campground I have stayed in. The property is huge, plenty of hiking, lots of water and plenty of solitude. Recently rented the Outback cabin over New Years Eve and it was fantastic! The owners are extremely kind and accommodating and if you do feel the need to travel off the property there is so much to do within a 30 minute drive in any direction. Highest recommendation!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ron N
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We rented the outback cabin for a few days over New Years. It was awesome to get away and relax with good friends! We have stayed at campsite #1 a few times prior. Always a great time...Secluded, quiet, plenty to explore and awesome owners! The port-o-pottys are always clean. They even had a heater in it for us!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We generally camp here as much as possible during the spring/summer/fall. The grounds are incredibly beautiful and the sites are well maintained. It is quite obvious that the owners love their land! We had the pleasure of staying in the outback cabin over new years weekend! What fun! With jack frost/big boulder, blue mountain, eagle rock, and camelback a short drive away, we were able to get out and ski everyday we stayed! Each time I come here, I feel like I am home. My dog has come to love Roundstone and jill and jan so much, she feels like she is coming home too. I highly recommend this place and as soon as I leave, I'm already planning my next trip back!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Jill was nothing but accommodating when we arrived. We stayed in the Buckhorn cabin with friends who have a young baby, and the cabin is very well-kept. Who could ask for more with air conditioning, a heater (if it gets cold), a ceiling fan, refrigerator, microwave and water cooler? Ok, so there are porta potties, but they were the cleanest porta potties I have ever seen. The shower is as advertised, it is a small shed with 5 gallons of hot water at a time, and you do have to wait about 40 mins for the water to heat up, but for someone who has camped her whole life, being able to take a shower was excellent. There is plenty of room for tents around (behind) the cabin. If you have a really big group, I would recommend the Outback Cabin as it has more room for tents, but it was booked when we were looking. Having a propane grill Friday night when it was pouring rain was fantastic.

The property is gorgeous and there are hiking trails there (recommend going up to the airfield, just don't walk in the middle of it!), but if you want to do more, the Glen Onoko falls trail is not far, nor is the Lehigh Gorge hike/bike path. Also close to Jim Thorpe if you want to do some shopping.

Just lovely, very peaceful, wish we could have stayed longer. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2012

That's what it feels like to spend some time at RoundStone. Owners Jill and Jan treat their guests like family, from the moment you arrive until the time you regretfully leave. Their property is stunning and the sites and cabins are situated in a manner as to give you peace and privacy -- so that you feel as if you're the only ones around. Any problems are addressed immediately and the facilities are among the nicest I've ever seen at a camping resort. The price is fair and accomodations comfortable. If I had my own cabin in the woods, I would want it to be just like the one we were fortunate to stay in at RoundStone. There is no doubt that we'll be back in 2013!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2012

My family and I had so much fun and relaxed by the water and fishing! I highly give Round Stone an A+! It is secluded and quite, lots of nature and plenty of fish to go fishing, snakes and other animals! We stayed in the Waterfall Cabin and it is the far best cabin out of 3. We were planning on staying for 2 nights but instead we stayed for 4 nights!!! We are definitly going back. If you would like to go camping and be around nature and looking for peace and quiet this is the place to go!!!

Room Tip: The Waterfall Cabin is #1
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Shannon B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weatherly
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton
Inn at Jim Thorpe
Inn at Jim Thorpe
#1 of 1 in Jim Thorpe
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Hampton Inn Hazleton
Hampton Inn Hazleton
#1 of 8 in Hazleton
Residence Inn Hazleton
Residence Inn Hazleton
#2 of 8 in Hazleton

Been to RoundStone Camping Resort? Share your experiences!