“This place is the BEST!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weatherly
RoundStone Camping Resort
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My fiancé and I spent three days in the Waterfall Cabin and didn't want to leave. The owner is so personable and helpful and the property is amazing. I'm already trying to figure out when we can come back! If you're looking to get away from the chaos, build a bonfire, fish, hike, bike ride, and just relax (mind you...this is without leaving the property), Roundstone is the place to be. Hands down it was the best birthday ever. 5 stars all around.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 15 April 2013

This cabin is exactly what you're hoping it will be... a beautiful, cozy little cabin at the end of a long wooded road, without any reason to see anyone else as long as you're there (unless you want to). The only thing between your front porch and the beautiful little river is your fire pit and 20 feet of shady grass.

It feels like you have the entire area all to yourself, and what a beautiful area it is. Moss-covered rocks, bubbling rapids, and sunlight streaming through the canopy above... maybe a rocky mountain vista of a crater lake could have improved the location, but good luck finding that in PA.

The cabin itself is nicely adorned with enough modern conveniences to satisfy the least rustic of campers. There are a half-dozen available AC outlets for your sundry electrical items, along with a microwave, mini-fridge, coffee pot, and space heaters (which our host had running for us when we arrived to help take the chill off the single room of the cabin). The elevated front porch was charming, with christmas lights twinkling (if you want to plug them in) and offering the perfect vantage for taking in your private bridge and river.

I could go on, but I think it's enough to say it was well worth the trip, and we'll be back.

Room Tip: The Outback Cabin is a secluded paradise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Hands down, Round Stone is the best private campground I've been to. Eight of us went tent camping for the weekend and were quite satisfied by the large, secluded camp sites, abundance of lush woodlands to hike, and hospitality offered by the owners. The prices were great, too - only $10 per person after reserving the camp site. The campground was very easy to navigate, and it was an added bonus that porta-potties were available every 300 yards or so along the gravel road. Would love to return to try out one of the cabins!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 January 2013

This is such a great place to enjoy your company and surroundings. The management is comfortable, and make it a great place to be. We usually go to Roundstone in the summer with our tents, but found that the cabins make for a cozy ski hut. Several mountains within half an hour, and great hiking within half a step.
C.F

Room Tip: Prepare. This is camping. The closest store is more than minutes away.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I've been camping since childhood and can honestly say this is the best campground I have stayed in. The property is huge, plenty of hiking, lots of water and plenty of solitude. Recently rented the Outback cabin over New Years Eve and it was fantastic! The owners are extremely kind and accommodating and if you do feel the need to travel off the property there is so much to do within a 30 minute drive in any direction. Highest recommendation!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ron N
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We rented the outback cabin for a few days over New Years. It was awesome to get away and relax with good friends! We have stayed at campsite #1 a few times prior. Always a great time...Secluded, quiet, plenty to explore and awesome owners! The port-o-pottys are always clean. They even had a heater in it for us!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We generally camp here as much as possible during the spring/summer/fall. The grounds are incredibly beautiful and the sites are well maintained. It is quite obvious that the owners love their land! We had the pleasure of staying in the outback cabin over new years weekend! What fun! With jack frost/big boulder, blue mountain, eagle rock, and camelback a short drive away, we were able to get out and ski everyday we stayed! Each time I come here, I feel like I am home. My dog has come to love Roundstone and jill and jan so much, she feels like she is coming home too. I highly recommend this place and as soon as I leave, I'm already planning my next trip back!

• Stayed: January 2013

Been to RoundStone Camping Resort? Share your experiences!