RoundStone Camping Resort
Penn Terrace Motel(Beaver Meadows)
US$61
Residence Inn Hazleton(Hazleton)
US$165
US$149
Residence Inn
All reviewstent sitesjim thorpeget awaylehigh gorgecamp groundcabinfirewoodtextpapropertyroundstoneprivacycrateleash
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

My group of friends just finished up our third camping trip at Roundstone. It's a great spot to pitch a bunch of tents and relax around a fire. When staying at a cabin, you will rarely see other campers due to the huge distance between the cozy buildings, and there are spots for tent camping where it is highly likely to not see other campers your entire stay. The campsite also offers river and pond fishing on their private property (no need for a license) which is a great way stretch your legs along with lots of wooded paths to stroll. Jill, who runs the family-operated campsite, is very kind and easy to communicate with. She leaves you to your quiet relaxation with only a daily text to check in and make sure you're ok. We always have a great experience at around Roundstone, and we look forward to returning next year!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Camping at Roundstone was such a great experience. The booking process went smoothly. The owner, Jill, was so easy to contact even via text. She was a pleasure to deal with. The campground was beautiful and spread apart so you can't hear the other campers. We had ample space to accommodate 12 people easily. It was well manicured and have beautiful trails. It was a quick 5 minute drive into town to a grocery store and such a gorgeous view of mountains and corn fields. The price for a two night stay was very reasonable. We definitely plan on coming back again in the coming months. I highly recommend this to others! It is truly a hidden gem.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I went tent camping at Roundstone and I absolutely loved it. The area was clean, secluded, spacious, and just excellent. A fire pit is provided as well as a bench and a table with chairs. I didn't expect all of that! Also, there's a place to use the bathroom in case you're curious. The price was also very reasonable. Jill was such a good host; she didn't invade our space and was friendly. She really cares about her customers which is rare. If you're interested in camping, I strongly suggest this campsite!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 22 September 2013

If I were to write down exactly what I wanted for place to camp , Roundstone Camping had everything and more. It was a dream. Peaceful , quite , easy going , sites are far enough away from each other that you feel away from everyone else. It was clean nicely manicured, just perfect. My boyfriend and I went and everything went off with out a hitch. I can't say enough about this place. I've been camping a lot and never want to go anywhere else. Jill , the owner is incredibly nice easy going and feels like you've know her for years. We are definitely making this our go-to getaway. Felt like I was in a whole other state but it was only a hour and a half away. The location was awesome as well , it's right next to hiking , fishing, hunting, canoeing, white water rafting. Love it !

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 11 September 2013

After 4 years of hosting a large group of campers at another location I was heartbroken to discover it would be destroying the seclusion with 10 RV sites. I was panicked! How would I ever find a place for all of us that could even compare to our beloved usual spot?!? Then, I found Roundstone and it exceded ALL of my very skeptical expectations! Roundstone is perfect! My group anticipates our trip all year long and Roundstone gave us our best year yet!
Whether you are hosting a large group, family, romantic getaway or seeking a little solitude and connection to nature Roundstone has you covered. The owner, Jill, is an AMAZING hostess and truly cares if you enjoy your stay.
Needless to say we have forgotten all about that other place and will be returning to Roundstone year after year!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends