“Perfect”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weatherly
RoundStone Camping Resort
Hubert, North Carolina
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is by far the best camp ground I've stayed at. Very clean and well maintained. I love how secluded you feel at the tent sites. This is not like most campsites where you are right on top of each other. You can enjoy the peace and quiet here which is what it's all about for me. They even maintain the paths from your tent site to the creek which they stock for fishing. The owners are very personable and check in on you to make sure your stay is pleasant. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you like to be very secluded, check out tent sites 5 and 6. If you want to be closer to the cree...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Iwbwemf

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We searched all over for private camp grounds for a birthday getaway with my childhood best friend and her husband. Half of us had never really camped before and the other half were experienced. It was absolutely one of the best vacations we have taken to date! We cannot wait to come back again next summer! Jill is so friendly and helpful, the waterfall cabin was very clean and welcoming and the grounds were so beautiful. It was very relaxing, quiet, serene and comfortable at RoundStone. We also set up a tent on a tent site at our cabin, which was really fun. I can't say enough great things about our overall experience there. Lives up to all the excellent reviews! And the trout are delicious!

Room Tip: The waterfall cabin is adorable!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laure B
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I was searching online for tent camping sites halfway between Baltimore and NYC since I had two groups of people arriving from both locations. I researched state parks nearby and discovered that a lot of them allow RVs to camp overnight. (I had a bad experience once in Maryland where my tent site was right next to an RV site and I couldn't enjoy my surroundings due to truck headlights flashing in and out all night). Anyway, I discovered RoundStone on TripAdvisor, stayed here for one night in June, and loved the place. The site has both tent camping and cabin camping next to a waterfall, and is well-maintained, clean, quiet, and beautiful. At the same time you are about a 10 minute drive into downtown Jim Thorpe, which offers gift shops, restaurants, bike riding, whitewater rafting, etc. The best way to make a reservation is by texting the owners. Highly recommended!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MST3K678
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

My friends and I came here for a birthday weekend getaway. One of the best camping site I been to. They have cabins and tent area seperated from other campers. Place is very well kepted. Owners are sweet and friendly and very accommodating. Each tent area had a nice firepit woth a pinic table which is really nice and the fishing area is nice. Very scenic. . I will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Trinity_Luu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

After finding less than desirable conditions at a campground nearby, we were desperate to find somewhere else to go. Roundstone came to the rescue with a beautiful, secluded tent site at the last minute. The property is well maintained, and the owners are super nice. It's close to the Lehigh Gorge, and lots of hiking, fishing, and water sports. We'll definitely camp here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mhoff9
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I always wanted to camp in the woods like you see in the movies: tent by the stream with a fire and no one around. After a lot of searching, I found Round Stone. Great fishing ,clean usable stream water for cooking and drinking and great owners (very nice people). Me and my wife will be back :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jason y
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

My group of friends just finished up our third camping trip at Roundstone. It's a great spot to pitch a bunch of tents and relax around a fire. When staying at a cabin, you will rarely see other campers due to the huge distance between the cozy buildings, and there are spots for tent camping where it is highly likely to not see other campers your entire stay. The campsite also offers river and pond fishing on their private property (no need for a license) which is a great way stretch your legs along with lots of wooded paths to stroll. Jill, who runs the family-operated campsite, is very kind and easy to communicate with. She leaves you to your quiet relaxation with only a daily text to check in and make sure you're ok. We always have a great experience at around Roundstone, and we look forward to returning next year!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Chris W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weatherly
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Inn at Jim Thorpe
Inn at Jim Thorpe
#1 of 1 in Jim Thorpe
Ramada Hazleton
Ramada Hazleton
#6 of 8 in Hazleton
Split Rock Resort & Golf Club

Been to RoundStone Camping Resort? Share your experiences!