“Delicious!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Corning, New York
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We recently tried out The Native Bagel for the first time while visiting Wellsboro. It's a cute little place with spectacular food and service. Ariel waited on us and was very pleasant and friendly. I ordered the NWBT? I believe was the name. It was a delicious tunafish sandwhich with tomato, cucumber, and spinach on their own homemade wheat bread (although I wish I had tried the sunflower bread) and it was served with a side of their famous bagel chips!! My husband had the egg salad sandwhich on sunflower and loved it, my toddler had the pb&j on white and she ate every last bite. I loved that they bring it out to you instead of making you stand and wait. We are from Corning, NY and my in-laws have a seasonal campsite at Bucktail in Mansfield, so we will make this a regular spot from now on when visiting. They also have desserts that my in-laws said are fantastic, but we were too full from our meals to try any. I will recommend this place to all friends and family passing through!

• Visited July 2014

Covington, Pennsylvania
“service not up to par -- food good”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Visited here twice this week after a long absence. First time food was excellent, and although I requested some changes to how the special was served there was no problem. Returned today, ordered the exact same food in the way. The order was taken with no problem.
However, when the meal was served there was a different type of bagel than I had ordered. When I questioned it, l was told they didn't have what I ordered. When I asked why I wasn't told when I ordered I was told I should have seen it on the board (they have about 10 boards). This is a bagel store they have lots of different types, there was no offer to get me one I would want. The server seemed to think it my fault that I got what I got.
The food was good, but they need some help with service.

• Visited July 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great premise made bagels”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

In this age of chain bagel shops, it was great to get great home made bagels early on a Sunday morning.

Visited September 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Just okay”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

I have to agree with the poster who said the food is bland and overly expensive. It is. We stopped in for breakfast on our way out heading for home. The breakfast sandwiches were just okay, nothing to rave about. The coffee was very good and the service was pleasant enough. I find it odd that they ask for tips via a tip jar when you get your own coffee and bus your own table, but that's fine, no one is forcing anyone to tip. Also the bagels are much smaller than what I'm used to. But I suppose you can claim having the best bagels in town when you are the only bagel shop in town.

2 Thank Ladyadey1
Central PA
“Unique sandwich choices, tasty bagels.”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stopped in for a late lunch (just before closing) on Sunday. The shop was occupied, but not extremely busy, although there were a fair amount of people coming in for takeout orders. It took a little while to look through all of the choices; wide variety and some unexpected sandwich combinations. Settled on some homemade soup and open-faced bagel sandwiches. Everything was flavorful and prepared fresh. The sunflower seed bagels were a particular standout. The gallery of artwork brought a nice touch of color to the décor, and the ambience was cheerful. A little pricier than I expected, but certainly not out of normal lunch prices. If you're looking for something out of the ordinary, give them a try!

• Visited March 2014