“Wonderful Place to Stay”
Review of Colton Point Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wellsboro
Colton Point Motel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Wellsboro
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I have stayed at Colton Point for two years in a row for the Laurel Festival. My family and I love it. There is so much to do as far as cooking out, fire pit, pond, swimming, etc. It is a quaint place and the service is excellent. If you choose to return annually, they will give you the same price as you paid the previous time. I have enjoyed it this year because of that and I probably will again next year. If you are looking for a relaxing time, quiet country, and plenty of scenery...then stay there!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ChaplinFan
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

Ron and I know what it is like to raise a family. Vacations don't need to break the family budget. We are happy to know that the Hogan family enjoys our motel and we look forward to seeing you next year.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I have stayed here several time for shale work near wellsboro. I stayed at every hotel in the area until I finally found this home away from home. The rooms are the perfect size for just me. They are very clean and comforatble. Nancy and Ron are great hosts and always make my stay easy. It's nice to escape for a few days and fish in the pond, where the fish bite like crazy! Breakfast is prepared by the family in the morning and is the best in town!! I cant wait to stay again next week!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Nemlas1822
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

Ken,
We hope your work brings you back soon. The fish are getting hungry. Thanks for your kind words. We are glad to have such good repeat customers.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

What a nice Motel, the rooms were spotless and furnished with a High Def TV, refrigerator, and the staff was excellent. They have a nice diner that serves breakfast and when I told the lady that I was a flyfisherman, she said she would get up early to make my breakfast. And the food was delicious. The other big plus is the location, you are at the mouth of the Pine Creek gorge with hiking, biking, canoeing, and BIG trout. I haven't been there in the fall but I'm sure when the leaves change, the view is gorgeous.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Troutchaser B
Reviewed 29 May 2012 via mobile

We stayed for a night. Our room was very clean. This motel also has a small playground, a small lake with paddle boats, and a hammock, enough stuff to keep our little son busy if we choose to not hike. The location is awesome, we could see the mountains from our room. The room was clean, and it even had a rocking chair. The bathroom was small but clean. The owner Nancy was very helpful and extremely accomodating about early check in and late check out. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Anon369
nltyson, Owner at Colton Point Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

It's comments like yours that make what we do worth while! We do try to run a clean and neat establishment, and are pleased when a customer takes the time to review us. Our best advertising comes from people who stay with us. Thank you for your kind words.
Nancy

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Nancy & Ron are the most hospitable proprietors one can find! We are a group of 'weekend bikers' and enjoy people who do not cowl when we say we are coming. They welcomed us with open arms! They are the absolute BEST people....food and accomidations are also the very best! They do an excellent job on maintaining The Colton Point Motel! If you are looking for a diamond on route 6; this is it! Thanks Nancy & Ron.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Allan W
nltyson, Owner at Colton Point Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

It's great to hear from you. I understand that you are coming back for another fun time. Thanks for the kind words. We look forward to seeing all of you, even angry Smurf!

Reviewed 15 November 2011

Location - Good
Staff - Very friendly
Our Room - Adequate
Towels - Tattered and torn at the edges; Thin and small.
Bed Linens - Sheets worn, but okay
Blankets old, nubby and grubby
Comforters were cheap, old and terribly picked. We didn't want to touch them

Based on the advertisement and reviews, we had high hopes for Colton Point Motel. Even though the staff was great, we were glad to get away and will not use that venue again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Brenda T
nltyson, Owner at Colton Point Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

I believe it was Brenda and her family that had a dog in the room. The family did not repsect our "no pet" policy and was charged an additional fee for cleaning the room.

Reviewed 2 October 2011

I've tried several motels in this area and I am so glad I tried this one! The room was a nice size and had a flat screen tv and fridge. There was a vague cat urine odor, but I think it's one of those really old smells you can never get rid of and seems to resurface in humidity. I didn't really notice it once the A/C was on. The bed was firm and comfortable and the pillows were AWESOME! Felt like dense foam, but I have no idea. All I know is they were very comfortable. The owners were very friendly and helpful. I had breakfast in the mornings and it was not only delicious, but very reasonably priced. I highly recommend this motel!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank soonerj92
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellsboro
Penn Wells Lodge
#4 of 7 in Wellsboro
Coach Stop Inn & Tavern
Coach Stop Inn & Tavern
#8 of 8 in Wellsboro

Been to Colton Point Motel? Share your experiences!