“very nice motel”
Review of Sherwood Motel

Sherwood Motel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Wellsboro
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The last time I stayed here was the night before my wedding (or may 9,1975) My wife and I stayed here on oct 26,2013, while visiting family. It is a very nice motel, very clean, and it is close to all of downtown. It has free wifi, Owners very friendly. You are in walking distance to such places as Dunkin Donuts, the Wellsboro Diner and other restaurants on Main Street.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank choy1950

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stayed here in July of this year and loved it. We met many couples who have been coming to this place year after year, same week each year for golf vacations and biking trips. Our main goal for coming to Wellsboro was to see the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon from both sides of the canyon. What an awesome trip. We took a ride in our Jeep through the mountains to a tiny place called Cedar Run only to come within15 feet of a Bald Eagle sitting on a tree branch. They are surprisingly huge birds. Got some awesome pictures.

This Inn is right in the centre of town and within walking distance of many very nice eating establishment. The Winken, Blinken and Nod monument is also just a 10 minute walk from the Inn. I would definitely choose this place as my first choice the next time I decide to head to Wellsboro.

We ate somewhere different every night and enjoyed them all. Absolutely no complaints.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
mchesko, Owner at Sherwood Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

We are so glad you had such a wonderful experience while you were visiting. Thank you for taking the time to send in your review and comments about us and the areas.
Look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I spent two nights this past week and loved it. The rooms are well done and very clean. The staff was very helpful and made our stay a pleasure. Big point for me is that the showers were built for a taller person - I am 6'2". Wellsboro is beautiful and there is a lot to see and do. Take your bicycle and hit the Pine Creek Trail

Room Tip: Second floor in the back building meant you had to carry your stuff up the stairs. As a reward, you...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
mchesko, Owner at Sherwood Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and liked your accommodations. We hope you will come back for another visit.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

My wife and I decided to get away to see the fall foliage, so we went to Wellsboro. I checked TripAdvisor and found this property was rated #2 and was right in town. This is peak season so I think that I was fortunate to get a room even for Friday night. The Inn deserves the high praise it receives from guests. The Inn Keeper (owner) was a little stiff when I arrived at 9:45pm, but she apologized when I left and said that she was trying to ensure that she didn't miss any details regarding our stay.
The room was behind the pool on the ground floor. It's obvious that the owners want to provide to best experience possible for their guests. The price was competitve by comparison for the location. The room was spotless, as was the property, and tastefully appointed. It included a fridge, microwave, free internet and cable TV. They seem to be very serious about no smoking in the No Smoking rooms - kudos! I should note that room smelled fresh and was already at a comfortable temperature when we arrived; a nice touch. The room was quiet, but we could hear the people leaving (walking around) @ 6:30am in the room above us. Not loud, but enough so that we both woke up.
The Inn has no facilities for providing breakfast, but an onsite breakfast is not a major inconvenience as there are various places to eat within a short walk including the Wellsboro Diner which was mentioned in the PBS presentation PA Diners a few years back. We ate breakfast there and really liked the diner-made Cinnamon Roll. Caution: you should split it with someone else.

Room Tip: The second floor might be a better choice if you like to sleep in.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
mchesko, Owner at Sherwood Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to send in your review. We appreciate your feedback. We hope you will be back in the future. It is our pleasure to make sure you have an enjoyable stay.
Enjoy the autumn weather

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Stayed the first weekend in October. Town was very busy. So glad we made reservations months earlier. As usual the room was spotless and the staff are the best ever. The rates are really reasonable especially for the neatness and cleanliness. We always stay here when we vacation in Wellsboro. If we do not get our room reserved in time, we change our trip to another date. YOU CANNOT FIND BETTER IN WELLSBORO.

1  Thank Bob R

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate all the reviews we get and always enjoy our repeat guests.
We strive to make your stay pleasant and enjoyable.
See you next time

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Wow a real motel experience just like it used to be but brought into today's world. Very comfortable,immaculately clean room . Free wifi that I had no issues with and worked straight for 4 hours on it. Staff friendly and helpful. Convenient to shops and restaurants in this quaint and picturesque setting. A major plus is how reasonable the rates are compared to the other hotels and B & B's in the area. My room was $76 with tax . The nearby Hotels/motels were $125 and up. While I was on business and only stayed the night I think the room with a fridge,microwave,table would be great for a longer stay to enjoy the surrounding area. I will certainly recommend it to friends coming to the Grand Canyon. Kudos to the owners for not upping the rates as others have done in this tracking fringe area. Don't miss the Wellsboro Diner right on the corner, an original 30's diner. You really can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank OriginalBookmaven
mchesko, Owner at Sherwood Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. Just to clarify for others the rate you had was a one person rate. But, our 2 person rate is still better comparable. (range from $89-$108 depending on room type)
We are glad you had a good experience and hope you will be back for another visit.
Enjoy

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We enjoyed our short time in Wellsboro and this motel fit right in with the quaint and quiet ambiance of the rest of the town. Just a quick walk to the amazing Wellsboro Diner for a breakfast that included their amazing cinnamon rolls. The price was right and the motel was quiet and clean with a very comfy bed...everything we needed for a nice stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank j k
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellsboro
0 mi away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mansfield
QUALITY INN & SUITES
QUALITY INN & SUITES
#3 of 5 in Mansfield

Been to Sherwood Motel? Share your experiences!