“Bright, clean, friendly diner, best in Berks”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Plate Diner

Red Plate Diner
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Bright, clean, friendly diner, best in Berks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

The Red Plate diner in 422 in Wernersville is a great find. They have the look and feel of a traditional diner, and offer a rare combination of friendly, sincere service, cleanliness, and great breakfast food. They exceed expectations with menu selection, quality and presentation. The price is a bit higher than other local diners but In my opinion it is very worth it.

• Visited February 2014

“Worth the stop!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

First timer for breakfast! Had EGGS BACON HOME FRIES TOAST AND COFFEE. $9.25 I know it was a Sunday however the price seemed excessive to me as I am used to around $6.00+ for weekend breakfast. Service was fast and our waitress had a great personality. The diner was impeccabley spotless including the restrooms. They are only open for breakfast and lunch however breakfast is served all time (breakfast only on Sunday). Closes at 2:00 pm.

• Visited August 2013
“Breakfast only on Sunday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stopped on a Sunday hoping for a good Sunday dinner but surprised they only serve salads, sandwiches & soup and on Sundays- breakfast only. Food & service were very good and they were doing an extremely good business.

“Stopped on a whim!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

This shiny eye-catching Diner's a real gem to behold from the outside and inside. it's a breakfast and lunch only facility opening at 7 AM and closing at 2 PM. had a scrambled egg sandwich on an English muffin cup coffee. I was told that that particular video became with home fries or sliced tomatoes I chose the sliced tomatoes. I thought that price was a little high but I guess they need to include tomatoes or home fries to justify a $5.25 charge for that meal. I feel that a meal such that should be more in the $2.50 to $3.25 range. I am used to paying those prices elsewhere for the same item sans the homefry or tomatoes. Service was prompt and friendly. I like a place that serves breakfast all day long no matter what time you get there because I'm a big breakfast person. I will return again to sample some of the other reviewers suggestions.

• Visited July 2013
Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
“Best breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

I ordered a Florentine Omelet the first time I ate here and have never tried anything else because the omelet is so good. The potatoes that come on the side are also fantastic. The staff are all wonderful and the place is spotless. I watch how well they clean the table between customers and I have never seen any restaurant clean so well and so often. We have been eating at the Red Plate for years and have never had a bad meal. The food comes quickly, even when the place is full (which it usually is).

• Visited June 2013