“Will not stay again”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in West Chester
pa
“Will not stay again”
Reviewed 16 May 2011

This hotel may appear to be conveniently located close to the highway and the campus, but there was absolutely no way to get out of the parking lot during rush hour. I had a conference at West Chester and had to leave the hotel by 8-8:30 each day but could not even make a right out of the hotel parking lot. Traffic was a nightmare as the entrance to 322 was right next to the hotel. Trying to make a left into the parking lot at the end of the day was just as bad. The room was tiny and outdated. There was hardly enough room for two of us. The bed was uncomfortable and the pillows were small and flat. Our room was right next to the ice machine and the elevator. Both made very loud noises when used, which was all night long. The free internet was not working the first night and the phone had no dial tone. I will not be staying there in the future for conferences at WCU.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank DosChicasPA
dayswc, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Days Hotel West Chester. I am sorry you had such a difficult time navigating your way from the hotel to the University. Many University associates and family of students stay with us becasue of our convenient location. Unfortunately the time of day you were traveling is the rush hour period for the community.

Regarding the pillows i am happy to report that we have since added firmer pillows in the rooms to give guests a choice of firm or soft pillows.

Not all guest enjoy the location of their rooms but we are always happy to accommodate a room move to make our guest comfortable and happy

You mentioned the internet being down during the first night and yes unfortunately we did experience a few frustrating days of interruption while we upgraded to a much faster speed and with a more reliable provider. Our internet is now better than before.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 April 2011

After having an unsatisfactory stay the first time we visited, we called ahead and the manager was kind enough to upgrade us to a suite, kudos to him for that! Unfortunately, though- it was not much of an improvement. The NON-smoking suite REEKED like cigarette smoke, there were ashes and some brown crud on the bathroom sink (which I couldn't get off for the life of me!). It was horrible. To top it all off, my boyfriend noticed dried up blood on the inside of my pillow case. Needless to say, we will not be returning. Such a shame, because we planned on visiting West Chester a lot more this summer and this hotel is in a great location. Sigh..oh well.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank RLunya

Travellers are raving about these West Chester hotels

Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 March 2011

I stayed at this hotel last weekend and was very disappointed in the 3 star rating it has been given. While the hotel and rooms were clean and the staff was very nice/helpful, the amenities and rooms are extremely lacking. The room I stayed in had no closet. The bathroom was barely big enough to get dressed in. The bathroom vanity wasn't even large enough to hold a small toiletry bag. I needed to place my toiletry bag on the toilet while getting ready. The walls are not at all sound proof and I could hear the people in the room next to me talking late into the night. Additionally, the food at the Carriage Inn (attached restuarant) was actually inedible. After paying for a meal that my son and I didn't eat, we had to order pizza from Domino's. I will say that the hotel staff offered a voucher for breakfast at the same restuarant to compensate for the meal. However, I wasn't willing to take the chance of another bad meal. If you are used to some of the other hotel chains such as Staybrige, Doubletree, Courtyard by Marriott and the like which are usually rated a 2 1/2 to 3 stars, this hotel does not compare. I feel that the rating is off. If you are looking for a 2 star/cheaper hotel, this one would be a good option. However, it is far from a three star hotel which it has been rated. Beware when naming your own price on Priceline. If you name your own price for a three star hotel in the West Chester, PA area, there is a good chance that you will end up at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Never have been to this area we booked a 2 nigth stay. Very disappointed in room cleanliness, dead bugs in the drawers, requested nonsmoking room which we did get but room next door with adjoinging door had smokers in there and guess where the smoke ended up. Hallways were not clean and needed a good vacuming. Saturday we left our room at 9 and did not come back until after 5pm - still room had not been cleaned. Only saving grace was the excellent buffet Sunday morning! Very good quality buffet. Would not stay here again!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Little Creek, Delaware
Reviewed 19 March 2011

I was going to be traveling through later, so I stopped by to look at a room to see if I'd like to stay there. It looked fine. The funny thing is that when I came back later to stay there, they happened to give me the very room I'd looked at earlier, room 206!

The room was clean and seemed recently remodeled. It was bit smaller (one bed) than some of the larger hotels, but it was plenty big enough for me. I travel quite a bit, and the important thing to me is that things be clean, and this was very clean in every way.

The front desk staff was friendly and fast.

The next morning I had breakfast at their in-hotel restaurant buffet, which was very nice.

There is absolutely nothing to complain about and for the price this is hotel was extremely good. Makes me wonder why some other motels and hotels with comparable prices have to be so absolutely miserable, and why some other comparable quality hotels need to charge so terribly much. Something is being managed correctly here! I highly recommend this hotel. I came by since my stay and noticed the sign out front now says "Days Hotel."

This is on Rt 202 northbound, just south of where your turn of to get the Rt 202/West Chester Bypass.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Nutley, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 March 2011

I paid under $60 for my room on Priceline. For this price, I would say I got a good value, but if I paid the $99 per night my room would have normally gone for I would have been disappointed. There wasn't anything wrong with the hotel, but there was nothing spectacular about it either. The room was clean, a bit outdated. The bed was pretty comfortable, but my wife did not like the square pillows at all. As other posts alluded to, getting in and out of the hotel can be a bit hairy because of the location and the bathroom was quite small. Overall a good value for my money (due to the Priceline price) and the proximity to downtown West Chester was awesome. I wouldn't recommend paying full price for the hotel, but I would stay again if I could score a deal.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Brinton Hotel
Brinton Hotel
#5 of 7 in West Chester
Best Western Plus Concordville Hotel

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!