“Great Place to stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Chester
Inn at Whitewing Farm B&B
Ranked #1 of 10 West Chester B&B and Inns
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Great Place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Spent two nights in the Hackney suite. Very nicely appointed. Sandy and Lance Shortt are the innkeepers...very hospitable and helpful. Fantastic breakfasts. Very attractive property and grounds. Conveniently located for local attractions such as Longwood Gardens, Winterthur, and Kennett Square. A very good value. Will stay there again when I return to the area.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank knordal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Exton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Recently visited this gorgeous property and would absolutely highly recommend it to anyone. The views are stunning and I had no idea that a spot this beautiful was located so close to Route 1 and 202. If you know anyone traveling though this area or looking for a relaxing weekend getaway then please pass the name along. The family that owns it are amazing and are a pleasure to be around. Best B&B I've ever been to!

1 Thank Jen T
Haddam, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

The innkeepers were so gracious and accommodating. We stayed in the Tack room and we would stay there again. It was lovely. The breakfasts were outstanding and the common areas inviting. The Inn was everything we hoped for and more. Can't wait to return.

Galloway, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here over Columbus Day weekend... it is charming and warm and welcoming. Sandy and Lance are great. We enjoyed cahtting with them and hearing how the place evolved and is still evolving. We stayed in the Pond house, it was peaceful and serene... the grounds are wonderful, love all the original flagstone patios and steps. Interesting area to just wander around but don't miss Longwood Gardens, ask Sandy and Lance about tickets...
Would stay there again and look forward to seeing the area at a different time of year.
Breakfast was great, lots of fresh fruit and they ask about your tastes and dietary requirements... I hate yogurt and they adapted their fresh fruit parfait and I heard them offering gluten free and vegan options.... don't be shy about sharing your needs.
If you are a reader, there are books galore to pick from, ask Lance where he go them!
With the arrangement of rooms in various different locales you will have a lot of privacy which along with peaceful surroundings we loved it!

Room Tip: If you don't want to walk up and down the steps to your room, stay in rooms other than the Pond...
1 Thank Edith M
Woodboro Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

It was only 5 miles away from Longwood. Upon arriving late on a Saturday night, there was no pressure put on us to settle up with a CC card, the host, Sandy, only wanted to get us to our room and off to “LaLa land”, she could tell we were exhausted. Money could be taken care of in the AM. We really appreciated this.

The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was very nice and the shower was hot, strong water pressure and lots of elbow room. The bed was comfortable. I wish it had been larger, perhaps. The TV was a little on the smaller size but we weren’t going to be watching it for long.
One other review mentioned the lack of a side table and lamp near the two wing back chairs. I concur with this observation and critique. I often get up early in the morning and do a little reading. I didn’t want to wake up my Wife. A nice lamp with a soft light would add to the well-appointed rooms
Breakfast was wonderful! The chef, Lance, who was the owner / operator / chief bottle washer and obviously an accomplished cook, prepared a scrumptious meal for all 17 diners. We were lucky to have Fresh coffee and OJ, a fresh berry and homemade granola parfait, a fresh, homemade right out of the oven Blueberry muffin, fresh melon including a slice of watermelon cut into the shape of a heart, very romantic! Then, the main dish was a French toast soufflé’ with a hard caramelized topping, much like a Brule’. I even watched as he made a run outside to get fresh sprigs of mint for the garnish.
Some small critiques (and I know I’m nit picking here)…
1) They need internet access in the rooms.
2) A better quality of toilet paper. Personally, I don’t care for the single ply stuff and when I pay $200 for a room, I’d like to have “Fluffy” TP. (insert "Pain in the A** jokes" here)
3) Larger sized TV’s in the bed room
4) I thought the bed could have been larger (yes, I like a king sized bed)
When we’ve visited Longwood, we had been staying in the other top rated B&B for Kennett Square. This is a great alternative. It’s even nicer in many respects. It’s kind of odd that when you search for B&B’s for Kennett Square (Longwood Gardens), This Inn does not come up as an alternative.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Chuck9115
nj
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

Chose this B&B because of its location and reviews. There is no doubt that the location is perfect for visiting the attractions in the area and the property is beautiful. But that is as far as it goes. Although our room was well-maintained, it lacked any character you would expect from a B&B. If it weren't for the bookcase in the room, it could have been a room in any motel/hotel. And the breakfasts, which were only served for an hour each day, left much to be desired. Not only were there no choices to be had, there was not even the slightest hint of a piece of bread or breakfast roll to be seen. And when we asked for toast the day they served the scrambled eggs, we were told by the cook/owner that he forgot to take the English muffins out of the freezer...period. Much can also be said about the inattention of the staff (all family members), but you get the picture. My recommendation...find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank thedime
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

This inn is well located for the main attractions such as Longwood Gardens, the Brandywine museum & Winterthur.
Our room was clean & spacious, but lacked ambiance. I expected an old inn (farm), but it seemed more like a Marriott hotel. I like & use the Marriott hotels but I was looking for something with warmth & character.
The innkeepers were not around much, so they weren't available for information or tea time, which was advt for 4-5pm.
There was no choice for breakfast. The second day we were served scrambled eggs (every place setting had a muffin), when I asked if they had any toast, I was told they didn't.
I think considering the price we paid for our stay at the inn, we would have been better off staying at a nice motel & going out for breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013
Hotel Warner
Hotel Warner
#1 of 7 in West Chester
Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington

Been to Inn at Whitewing Farm B&B? Share your experiences!