“A Quality Chinese Restaurant”

Oriental Pearl Restaurant
Ranked #56 of 267 Restaurants in West Chester
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Mention take-out Chinese and I usually scoff at the idea. However, Oriental Pearl has changed that for me! I was accustomed to sesame chicken which should be renamed to sesame sauce bread. At Oriental Pearl though, the chunks of chicken are huge, the sauce is not too heavy, the selection of meals is huge and service is good. I have also ate in, and the place is both charming and authentic enough for me to feel good spending an extra 18% on a tip when I could simply get take out. My family likes this place so much that one year we went here on Christmas Eve!

2  Thank Brian K

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Ordered last Saturday Night - the food was great! Pineapple Fried Rice w/ Shrimp - Broccoli w/ Shrimp - Lettuce Rolls w/ Veggies - all were fantastic! The service was friendly & fast. A great experience.

1  Thank DadnkidsPA
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My daughter was in from CO.; so took her to my favorite Asian/sushi place. It never disappoints me. BYOB, easy parking and great Sushi and Asian meanu. And their take out is prompt and correct

3  Thank Bill M
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The best Sushi and Asian meal I have had in years. Service is great and easy parking. Also, take out is fast and great. BYOB

2  Thank Bill M
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We come to this restaurant fairly often because it's very close to where we live, and it's never been unacceptable. Along with its strengths, it also has its issues. The long suit here is the efficiency and very pleasant nature of the wait staff. Adjectives that come to mind when describing the wait staff are polite, productive, pleasant, and warm. This is a very comfortable place where you can relax unrushed and enjoy the company at the table. The short suit is the inconsistency of the food. We have had meals that ranged from the spectacular to the cavalier. My guess is that the inconsistency stems from a lack of coordination between the various cooks on duty. The variability is most notable in the degree of spiciness in the food. I'm a fan of spicy food, so I'm generally ordering the food on the menu with the red asterisk. The degree of heat has ranged from zero to screeching hot. We've also noticed that sometimes the food is delicately delicious, and other times it's a bit heavy and bogged down so to speak. Our last visit was pretty good. The hot and sour soup was really good, the steamed dumplings were a little doughy but fairly good, and my spouses won ton soup was so good it left her wishing for more. She also had the ribs for dinner which she said were better than average. I had the Shanghai shrimp. The shrimp were good, but the sauce was not nearly spicy enough and frankly, it was a little bitter. I've had this dish here before when it was terrific. Go figure. We wish the food was more consistent.