“A good dinner if you are in the area”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #43 of 267 Restaurants in West Chester
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Our first night in the Chadds Ford/Glen Mills area we ate at Pescatores which was recommended to us as being better than a chain restaurant. Since we did not have a memorable experience with that dinner, we gave Carrabbas a try the next night. The restaurant seemed smaller than other locations we have been at but fortunately we were early and did not wait long for seating. Our waiter was on the slow side but picked up slightly later in our dinner. The food was standard Carrabbas fare but good and seemed of high quality. The salad was very good and the bread an improvement over the bread at Pescatores. I definitely would eat here if you are in the area.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We have eaten at Carrabba’s once before but not at this location. Three years ago it was in Fayetteville, NC. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals there. This time was the Chadds Ford, PA Location.

The greeting was friendly, the seating was quick. I must comment that the tables are a bit on the cramped side; both in the size of the table and the quantity of them in the dining area. Not much wiggle room. A booth would have been more comfortable.

The waitress was fairly attentive. There was only one long gap waiting for her return after she said she would give us a couple more minutes to decide.

So it’s all about the food. Well…everybody was okay with their meal except one. The dinners were prepared as expected, but nothing special. It makes me wonder why Fayetteville was so unanimously good. Unfortunately, I had not written a review about that experience. Otherwise I would have read that one through to compare.

The other surprise for me was that the menu seemed a bit lacking. I expected to see more choices. Just an observation, the salad that comes with the meal seems almost worthless. Sorry about that one, but it should be much bigger with more variety of vegetables.

I feel as though the prices for the most part are reasonable.

So, that’s it in a nutshell. Give it a try and see if I’m wrong. I’m thinking to go back to Fayetteville to compare. It’s only 453 miles from here. Save me a booth.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Date night. Dinner and a movie. Carrabbas is a great start and conveniently located across the parking lot from the theater. We've been there many times but I realized that I haven't reviewed it. Very nice atmosphere. Good service and very good food for the price. The wine is a bit ridiculous - $11.50 for one small glass of KJ Chardonnay, which only costs a few more pennies than that for a whole bottle at Tim's Liquors by our house. The practical side of me wanted my wife to get a "house" chardonnay for ONLY $7 a glass, but I decided to keep my mouth shut. It really ticks me off when restaurants do that. But other than that and the fact that the barmaid was a bit distracted, it was nice. We were in a bit of a hurry so we sat at the bar. It was not too loud and the service was quick. We only had appetizers this time, but I have had a variety of dishes there and all have been very good. My wife usually goes with her hold standby - Chicken Parmigiano - and loves it. The portions are such that it is dinner and the next day's lunch. For Italian Cuisine, their fish is good.
but the best part of the night was the movie - 42 was outstanding. I was kind of worried that it was going to be too tense, but aside from a few scenes, it really did a nice job of keeping it uplifting, yet communicating the struggle without being overly heavy.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

I get carry out here whenever I can. But it's not in West Chester, it's in Chadds Ford, 15 minutes south of West Chester. Never had a bad meal here. We drive more than an hour to dine in for special occasions.

Reviewed 6 December 2012

Absolutely love Carrabba's. The prices are reasonable, the staff is fantastic and the food is out of this world. I ate here 3 times on my stay in Concordville.