Faunbrook Bed & Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn & Suites(West Chester)
Hotel Warner(West Chester)
  • Breakfast included
Sentinel Motel(West Chester)
Brinton Hotel(West Chester)
View Hotel
Brandywine River Hotel(Chadds Ford)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bcanopy bedother guestslongwood gardenscommon areasquicheevery morningbridal partywine and beerwrap around porchfarm to tableantique furniturechristmas decorationsbreakfast was deliciousclose to downtownmain floornext morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My now husband and I got married at Faunbrook in September 2011. We wanted a low key, no stress, small wedding. And that's exactly what we got! Lori and Steve were so nice and accommodating. We got married outside in the garden area and it was really beautiful. We loved staying in Isabel's room, but all of the rooms were just lovely. Breakfast was also fantastic each morning. Our guests all raved about the experience, too! I'd definitely recommend Faunbrook to anyone looking for a lovely venue for an intimate wedding. Also to anyone looking for a great retreat while staying in the area.

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong when picking a room. I'd definitely recommend checking out the website, as there are great pictures/virtual tours.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We stayed at Faunbrook Memorial Day weekend while visiting West Chester to attend a wedding. We were greeted by Lori cheerfully and shown around the beautiful Darlington Home and grounds. Our room and bath were clean and tastefully decorated. There were several bottles of wine and a nice port available in the winter porch refrigerator. Many nice restaurants were in walking distance, as well as boutique shops.
Owners Lori and Steve were very attentive. Breakfast could not have been better. Fresh baked goods, fruit, choice of two delicious quiches, and Amish bacon.
There is wifi throughout the home and ample parking.
We were very pleased with our stay and would return again.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank babbsie
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We were in Faunbrook for our honeymoon and visiting a relative near by. First stayed in "Rose's room" and the after that in "Edith's room" (the honeymoon suite). Both very lovely excellent rooms. Breakfast at Faunbrook was great; we loved everything we had here. Downtown West Chester is a walking distance away.

Faunbrook has nice perks: some common bottles of nice wine to share and enjoy. Quite extensive library. Free Wifi. And beautiful rooms in where to lounge and watch the fireplace in a relaxed mood.

Innkeepers were very nice and hospitable, experts in local knowledge and they gave us plenty of great advice. We ended up visiting Longwood Gardens, and also the "Amish country" of Lancaster, Bird-in-hand, intercourse and those more agrarian places ;) As well as Philadelphia (you can easily get there by train from north of West Chester).

Loved it! If I'll be visiting the town again would be here as my top choice.

Room Tip: Edith's room was amazing. For honeymooners at least.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I traveled to West Chester for a conference at the University and there is literally NO WHERE the school could put me. One of the students mentioned the Faunbrook since her parents had stayed there once or twice and I am GRATEFUL that I found it! It's only 3 blocks (10 min) walk to WCU's campus, and it's very close to downtown West Chester. First of all, you're taken aback by how large and beautiful the house is...not to mention the abundance of flora surrounding the grounds. There's ample parking right by the house, a beautiful fountain to grace your entrance, and various ways to leave the property if you're going out to dinner (Limoncello's was the best!). You can unload your belongings infront of the house, and then you move your car to the parking area so patrons can drive through. The house is located in a nice suburban area, but the street is noisy simply because it's one of the main drags. At night, you hear very little of it because of the fountain and the antique windows. Few rooms have a television, but there is a televsion in the entertainment room downstairs for your enjoyment. ALL of the rooms are beautifully appointed and stay true to the house's circa of 1860. The innkeepers, Lori and Steve, are amazing people who genuinely love the house and enjoy what they do. Not to mention that Lori's breakfasts are to die for! I stayed in Elizabeth's room on the second floor, but I was surrounded by the Darlington (my favorite) May's room and the end suite. Elizabeth's room has a beautiful double bed, an antique vanity, a large closet, several chairs, and a rocking chair, and HUGE beautiful sunken clawfoot tub. I loved this room, especially because I fell asleep to the sound of the fountain. You'll hear a high pitched noise around 7:30, and 8:05 am because of the old water pipes, but they stop after a few minutes. It just reminds you that you're staying inside a piece of history. Everything was clean, comfortable (especially the sumptuous sheets & pillows), and was well appointed. ***Things to remember: Check-in is from 4-8, but the earlier the better! Check out is 11am. There is a fridge for your left-overs downstairs but no microwave, there is tea and coffee every morning but remember to bring your own snacks and drinks for your room if you want something after breakfast. Also, most of the outlets are 2 prong, so don't forget an adapter or Lori and Steve will let you borrow theirs if you need one. Lastly, I cannot wait to come back to the Faunbrook and stay in another room - I really hope more people discover this hidden gem and help Lori and Steve keep its enchantment alive!

Room Tip: On the second floor, the Darlington room is massive with many windows so you get a lot of natural light and a beautiful view of the grounds, but you also get a little of the street noise. It also has a television and a lot of space to hang out in. Elizabeth's room is much smaller, perfect for a couple or one person, you get the street noise, but you also get a view of the fountain and a nice bathroom with a sunken clawfoot tub. May's room is on the inside of the house so you don't get any noise, it's a beautiful queen size bed, with a spacious glass-paned shower and it gets natural light. The suite on the second floor is like a mini-apartment and isn't very noisy because it almost takes up half the house. It also has a television, a sitting room, and ample space to hang out. The 3rd floor rooms are all beautiful as well, from what I heard...but I really love the Darlington room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Katie M
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We really enjoyed our one night's stay here, Lori was a prefect host. The B&B has pleasant grounds (sadly it was March, but can imagine the summer), and well appointed rooms. Definitely would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family