“Excellent!”

Dining options: Reservations
West Chester, PA
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We had been wanting to try a new restaurant for awhile and decided to try this byob in West Chester-this was the perfect choice. We had a wonderful experience. The food was excellent, service was attentive and engaging and we will definitely recommend this gem. Everything was prepared perfectly. Freshly baked Italian bread with herb infused savory olive oil for dipping was the perfect way to begin our dining experience. Next we had the artichoke appetizer topped with Parmesan which is freshly grated at the table. The Caesar salad made table side was the best I have ever had. Our entrees - seared Cod with polenta was perfectly seasoned and nice and spicy, and the salmon with crabmeat and angel hair pasta was delicious too. We split the homemade tiramisu dessert which was excellent and made with cookie-like lady fingers, very different but tasty. We were so thrilled with everything and highly recommend this restaurant. Plenty of free parking too! The only negative would be that I think if all the tables were filled it might be noisy so if I were looking for a quiet evening I would choose an earlier or later seating.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank rdcfan

West Chester, Pennsylvania
“A taste of Italy in West Chester”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Never a bad meal and all are interesting (not your usual Italian fare, more authentic) and well served. And it's a BYOB—take something special, the food deserves it. Nice to have that experience without having to go all the way to Italy.

1 Thank Mary R
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“One of our favorites!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We have eaten here several times and are big fans. I love both Northern Italian food and seafood and this is the best of both. Very authentic, the owner clearly has a passion for what she does.
We cant wait to eat there again.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Aed66
Lewes, Delaware
“Italian Cuisine At It's Best”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Didn't know this restaurant existed until I saw a small ad in Phila Magazine listing it as one of the best BYOB's.
Mentioned it to my son and his wife and we checked it out on a recent Friday night. We started to panic when we saw it was almost empty. Since it was the middle of June I checked it off as the summer doldrums that restaurants go through. The owner came out and said it was an off night.
She was very pleasant and discussed several items on the menu as well as the history of the scenic wall mural.
To cut to the chase, the food was delicious. The girls had the Medittrean sea bass while I opted for the risotto with scallops and asparagus and my son the shrimp scampi.
Service was as good as the food. Deserts could have been better, Gelato was not up to par but
the lemon cake was good. Would have liked to seen Italian Rum Cake or Crème Brulee.

1 Thank oysterman1114
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Delightful New Northern Italian Place that's Worth a Visit”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Went to this restaurant for the first time the other night, Lovely food. Very tasty and nicely presented in a bright, casual atmosphere. The bread they serve is great and the oil has a wonderful basil taste. Started with the beet salad (a nice portion, not overdressed) and followed with the sea scallops which came with the most delightful "pearl" pasta (never had this and it was very yummy). Loved the dish (a tiny bit salty - but I am a little hyper sensitive to salt, so i should have noted that when I ordered as I usually do - just forgot because the menu looked so good and I was totally engulfed in trying to decide between several dishes :) Others at the table had the Salmon, Risotto and Rigatoni Bolognese. All raved. We ended with espresso/coffee and several desserts (strawberry flambe - strawberries are in season), Italian Lemon cake (so refreshing) and tiramisu that we just passed around to share.

BYOB, which i actually prefer. Just had a nice chatty dinner with friends and it felt fine to do that here. No-one was rushing us. Not crowded during the week as it's relatively new and still getting known. Owner is friendly and chatty - it's obvious she has a passion for the food from this region. It's not inexpensive, but not outrageous either (about $55 which included a 20% tip), so in line with other places in the area.

Definitely a place to go to - and do it before its reputation grows because I imagine it will become a more crowded place soon.

1 Thank frequentTraveler1801