The hosts were nice; however there were quite a few things that led to an uncomfortable visit. Our stay was during the early summer and we found the room uncomfortably warm- with our returns later in the evening, it was too late to ask for adjustments. The rooms could use some updates, the chair was not safe to sit on as one leg was very unstable. There was personal rubbish from a previous guest in the room trash can and the bathroom required cleaning (cobwebs and finger smudges on the walls). They put great care into their breakfast preparation and presentation, unfortunately my allergy to blueberries was ignored and I could not enjoy the homemade blueberry pancakes. The snack station is a nice touch. This is a very old home and the smell from the fireplace is overpowering- I would not recommend staying here if you have any respiratory issues.