“Average Microtel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in West Chester
Ontario
“Average Microtel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2008

This is an average Microtel.
The price was very reasonable for the Philly area.
No major problems with our 1 night stay.

• Liked — Value
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2008

I have stayed here before and had a problem with the noise level, I spoke to manangement and they sounded concerned with my complaint and ask me to come back to see the changes. Well again there were young adults drunk running the halls AND parking lot up until all hours of the night partying ...that is great if I were 20 but I am not and all I wanted to do was SLEEP. This noise went on until past 3AM and when we went down to get the security guard he was ASLEEP in the sofa in the lobby, guess someone could sleep!! I have since heard that several other called security and nothing was done. This hotel is known in the area as the place to go to pary and not be bothered!

IF you want ANY SLEEP DO NOT GO!!

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — The Noise until 3AM
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank Movincorgi
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2007

Never again will I stay in these hotels. The entrance was clean and spotless, but my room was disgusting.
All I can tell you is that you must check the sheets. I swear they had not been changed. Stains that you could not miss.
Arrived around 1 am from a long ride I slept on the chair that was in the room. It too had stains all over it

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything.filthy rooms
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank travelesoften
Dover, Delaware
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2007

Not sure what room the person stayed in that said everything was new. I thought my room looked a bit retro '70's and it wasn't because of any recent decorating.

I stay a lot in the metro Philly area, and yes, the price here was below average. But I also think the overall quality was below average.

The desk area in the room looked nice, but why create a desk area with no outlets readily available? The lighting in the room was a bit weird, one long florescent light that ran the length of the room, and an overhead light build into the ceiling above the desk area, but no pole lights, end table lights, or anything else for just a little background light. The bath room had seen better days, the counter top was worn, the sink drain was sluggish, and the adjustable shower head didn't want to adjust well.

The breakfast bar was, as someone has described it, very spartan, just toast and cereal. The juice machines were out of order, and they looked like they have seen better days.

The location is a bit odd, in a business complex with no restaurants or food stores near by.

The overall building, and the room itself appeared to be clean, but from reading the other reviews, and seeing it for myself, I can see how some of the issues were present, as overall things looked a bit worn. Nothing in particular turned me off about the place, it was just a lot of little things that were disappointing.

There are a few places a few miles to the north in Exton that I will probably stay at my next visit to this area.

• Liked — Below average price
  • Disliked — Below average quality
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank Philosophyguru
Bear Lake
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2007

Location a little tricky to find. Front desk clerk was very unwelcoming. I don't think he spoke more than 2 sentences. I dealt with other clerks later at the desk and they were more helpful. The TV on top of the wardrobe was pretty annoying, very few channels. Ice machine on our floor didn't work. Housekeeping removed towels once and didn't leave any new ones. I booked one room for 2 nights and a different room for the 3rd night, since the 1st room wasn't available the 3rd night of my stay. Was informed after the 2nd night I wouldn't have to move after all, my room had opened up for the 3rd night. After I checked out I was charged for a no show on the room I'd previously booked for the 3rd night. The desk hadn't cancelled out my reservation. Mistakes happen, but since I'd been charged for my 3 nights before I'd left the parking lot after checkout, it was irritating that it took 4 days to reverse the charge from my account. Breakfast was average. I've stayed at other places in the area for the same $. I don't think I'd stay here again.

• Liked — Not much...
  • Disliked — Location, TV, desk clerk, mistaken charges, breakfast...
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank winowiski
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2007

We stayed here for one night on 3/23. The rooms are a bit smaller and
scaled down, but the room was clean and actually the entire hotel looked clean and smelled clean. The girls at the check in desk were efficient and friendly.

This is probably one of the most economical hotels in the area. Granted, they do not have a pool or other amenities, but for $70.00 a night, I do not think it was bad at all.

The do offer a continental breakfast in the morning that consisted of coffee, tea, various juices, various breakfast cereals, muffins and bagels. It was not elaborate, but enough to get something in your stomach in the morning. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2007
1 Thank alynn
adrianbeegle
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2006

i cant get a hot shower. just warm. all 3 ice machines are broken. ive been staying here mon. to thurs. for about 6 weeks through my company. they wont fix anything. josh maxwell the gm is arrogant and held accountable by no-one expect r&p hospitality who i am unable to locate and info not proviced by hotel or microtel corporate.

Stayed October 2006
#4 of 7 in West Chester
Brinton Hotel
Brinton Hotel
#5 of 7 in West Chester

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham West Chester? Share your experiences!