“I stayed here for a work trip to West Chester University...” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham West Chester
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in West Chester
Oakland
“I stayed here for a work trip to West Chester University...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed here for a work trip to West Chester University and found it slightly less than adequate. There were no irons or ironing boards in the rooms and those are pretty essential for work travel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

In general, Microtels offer the basics and do so efficiently and at reasonable cost. This particular Microtel went beyond the basics in the area of customer service. The front desk staff knew my room preference and gave me the perfect room. Everyone was very helpful, even when clients were inconsiderate -- one group came to breakfast 5 minutes before it was due to end and complained that there was no waffle batter. Staff immediately made another batch, but the party had gotten other food and didn't use the batter -- or thank the staff. The staff here is amazing, like the Ritz but on a Microtel budget.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ashtonsan
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We visited West Chester for 3 days and stayed in this hotel. The location is slightly remote but only 5-10 min from city by car. Quiet hotel with spacious room. Nothing to complain. It's not a Ritz but clean, quiet place. Will return for sure.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Marko S
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

I am a home care night shift nurse who lives an hour away from this hotel. I booked 3 nights because I was working 24 hours in a 32 hour period and wanted to stay close to my case. I wanted a room that didn't cost my entire pay, a comfortable bed, and a quiet room. I got all 3 with the Microtel Inn & Suites. The desk clerk was so friendly and professional when I checked in, and after worked the night before I appreciated the early morning cheerfulness. Check in was smooth and fast, a fact I appreciated since I wanted to get right to sleep.
The room had a VERY comfortable bed, (my room had 2 queens), was on the 3rd floor (top floor), and down a hall, out of the way and quiet. (Most hotels are fairly quiet at night, but it isn't easy to find one quiet during the day when most of the world is awake and working.)
The room had mirrors along the one wall, which startled me at first, but made the room appear larger and brighter. I liked that the light switch at the door and the one next to the bed worked the same lights. The curtains darkened the room well during the day. The room temperature was easy to control.
The pillows were not super thick, but it always pays to bring your own if you are particular. The room was clean. The bathroom had a kind of small counter for my items, and I was scared to use the counter behind the toilet for fear something would fall into the commode. Next time I will bring my hanging toiletry kit. There were plenty of towels and toilet paper. The room had a small cube refrigerator. There was no microwave or coffee pot in the room, but for the price I paid I didn't expect either. The breakfast room off the lobby had a microwave and coffee available, which was very helpful.
When I came back to the hotel after working a 16 hour shift I must have looked as tired as I felt. The desk clerk was so kind and asked if housekeeping could do anything for me before I went to sleep. I didn't need anything, but I appreciated the thoughtfulness in being asked.
I slept all day, and checked out in the evening, when most people are checking in. I was able to get a coffee to drink on the drive home, and make some microwave popcorn (which I brought with me), in the breakfast room before I left. I didn't eat the free breakfast, so I can't rate that, but I did notice they had not one, but TWO waffle makers. (I love those things!) I now have 2 "go-to" hotels in the West Chester area that I will not hesitate to stay at in the future. The Microtel earned a 5 from me because I rated it on what I wanted and received and on the price I paid. If this was a vacation stay I may have rated it differently, but for my wants and needs, it couldn't be beat.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow if you are particular about thickness. Bring a hanging toiletry kit due to lim...