“Friendly Neighborhood Joint. Great beer....” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly Neighborhood Joint. Great beer....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

I was told by a friend to stop into Baggataway's while on business in the area. I was in on Thursday, Nov. 7th around 8. It was packed when I walked in, but I found out they were having a "tap takeover" that night. The takeover featured beer from Allagash & Victory. The draught list was pretty impressive. I had Victory's Dirt Wolf and Hugh Malone from Allagash (both amazing if you like hops). They have free wings with a pitcher of beer on Thursdays...a great deal. My friend told me I had to try the wings and they were spot on. So good. Perfectly crispy, not drowning in sauce and they had just the right level of spiciness. I also saw everyone ordering burgers and couldn't resist. I had the blue and onion burger. It was really really good. It came with fries too, which were seasoned well and nice and crispy. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive even though there was a crowd. They had live music that night as well. It got a little loud, since it's a pretty small place and I was sitting close to the band. Other than that, a great experience and I look forward to stopping in next time I'm in the area.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Stephanie P

Madison, Wisconsin
“Nice place. Local feel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Beer list seemed good, even if I could induldge at the time. Great meal. Will go again next time I'm in the area.

Visited September 2013
Havertown, Pennsylvania
“Being generous at 2 out of 5”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We had dinner Saturday night Nov.2 around 7 o'clock. I'd been there before when it was Cunningham's but my wife had not been there yet. The place has a large square bar and a nice pub atmosphere. The ceilings are a little low and the floor is old tile which is fine as long as it's clean but it wasn't. The men's room is small which is fine except you have to lean back at the urinal to keep from having the paper towel dispenser on your face.
The female bartender was quite pleasant and prompt. I ordered the crab dip for us as an appetizer. The bread was delicious and hot. The dip was voluminous and hot but the crab was pulverized and plundered and not very flavorful.
For dinner I ordered the chicken and ribs that came with a baked potato and cole slaw. The chicken breast was closer to an unbreaded cutlet and was overcooked and too dry. The ribs were way overcooked and not good at all. The baked potato was on the small side and dry, even with sour cream and butter. The cole slaw was of the "vat" variety (from an industrial size pre made container). Why would any restaurant serve anything but homemade cole slaw, potato salad or macaroni salad?
My wife ordered a burger that looked like a pre made patty, bland and not very good.
We both agreed that because of the potential that the pub presents, we will give the place another try sometime but probably in the afternoon and probably for lunch or just a couple belts and an appetizer. With as much competition as there is in Conshohocken, this was very very surprising. As a restaurant, you do not want to lose our demographic (50 to 60 yr olds)

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank KG42
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Baggataway is serving beer in Falsie glasses 10 oz as a Pint”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

The Baggataway serves 10 oz beers they call "Pints". I stopped by tonight and got a Lagunitas IPA. When I received the beer it 1 1/4 inch head.

I then ordered 90 min dogfish bottle and using the same glass which I received the Lagunitas in I was able to fill the glass to the very top without a head.

Yes, the Baggataway is serving 12 oz falsie beers with big heads! i.e. 10 oz pints ... this is a ripoff.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Christopher G
“Baggataway's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

Very good pub with pub type food. Hot and cold sandwiches are excellent. Staff very friendly and service is also excellent. Crowd very friendly.

Visited October 2012