“Not bad, good price”

Philadelphia Marriott West
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not bad, good price”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed two nights for a work project. Good sized room, clean. Got a good rate using AAA. No free WiFi (if Starbucks has free WiFi, then all hotels should have it). Hotel is clearly visible within the city, but not easy to get to if you are driving (streets are a bit confusing in the city). Free parking. Nice fitness center with a large pool. Conshohocken doesn't have much to offer in entertainment, so might as well take advantage of what the hotels has.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Polish first
Sayreville, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed April 11-14 Room 1517.

Hotel is located in a nice town, on a tight corner with a lot of highways and avenues crisscrossing. Getting in and out of the hotel can be a little challenging.

Check in was easy and the desk clerks were very courteous and friendly. They did seem a bit busy and seemed to be in a rush, understandable considering from the looks of things there were about 3 or 4 wedding events going on.

Room 1517 was located right across the elevator but I do have to say there was not much traffic noise in our room. Our issues with our room were the following:

The door to the room looked very old. The bottom of the door was old and warped and was cracking. The metal part around the key slot was rusty. You had to push the door pretty hard to make sure it closed. The view from our room was good and it was in good clean condition.

I chose this hotel for this weekend considering its a full service hotel and even though I expected things to be limited, I did not expect them to say they do not have milk when we asked for it around 10PM on one of the nights for my 8 year old.

There is a WAWA right across the street which is open 24 hours. This is a much better option when you need something than the very limited market store on the main floor. I do have to say the stores in a Residence Inn has more choice than this Marriott did.. I was very surprised.

The restaurant Legend on the main floor was a big turn off. Not worth the money and its not like what they advertise. Service is poor and slow. I would not recommend it for food. But not a bad place to have a drink or 2.

The pool is very clean and nice. My 2 boys had a good time and we were the only ones in there the times we went in.

Concierges lounge on the 16th floor is not bad. Basic breakfast offerings. Evening cocktail hour was enjoyable and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

As a Marriott Elite member, I get free breakfast with my stays. This is given in the form of a voucher. One morning after having breakfast, when I gave my room number and lat name, I was told someone had already used your voucher. Apparently someone gave my last name and room number.. I was concerned how this was possible. But I like the way management reassured me this could have been just a mistake and there were no other false charges.

Parking lot is kind of a tight fit. If you have an SUV with a back door which opens up, be very careful as it opens up, it will hit the ceiling of the garage and cause damage to your car. Yes, the garage ceiling is VERY LOW.

Over all, not a bad hotel. It has better potential if they made it a more full service hotel than it is. Put a better market store in the main lobby. Offer more choices on location for snacks and coffees and such. This is more of a wedding and convention hotel than a family friendly hotel.

Would I stay here again? Yes
Would it be my first choice? Probably not.

But the hotel is located in a nice town not too far away from many attractions. King of Prussia mall is close by. With stores like Nordstrom, Lord and Taylor, Bloomingdales, Macys and all the high end shops you can think of. Enjoyed the Shake Shack located within the mall complex.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room with a view on the river side.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Blasphemystic
Tom L, Manager at Philadelphia Marriott West, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Thanks for recognizing our great Front Desk staff. It was a real busy weekend and this is the season for busy wedding weekends. Our door condition is a concern for us and replacing them is our top priority in our next renovation. I was concerned to hear about you not being able to get milk. It is on our RS menu that is available until 11 pm and I hope we would accommodate a simple request. I apologize for that. Our gift shop is pretty simple and we base our inventory on our sales but we are open to suggestions. I wish I could have additional detail on your Legend’s experience. We continue to have good success with our Sport bar and meeting the needs of our diverse cliental. The service issues you experienced are not acceptable to us and I would like to get additional details. I am available at the main hotel if you would like to discuss in more detail. Please ask for the Asst. GM. Thank you again for the feedback and we hope to see you at the hotel in the future.
New York
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here dozens of times on business and the service at this hotel is crashing very quickly.
Room service is important to me when I travel and they only deliver half your order, but somehow manage to charge you for everything.
The HVAC in the room broke and could not be fixed.
I reserved a king size bed months in advance, and they had none for me.
Unlikely I will stay there again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Tom L, Manager at Philadelphia Marriott West, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback and I was sorry to hear about the problems you had with your stay. Marriott always strives to provide first class service to all our guests. We hope you give us another chance and we can exceed your expectation. I also wish I had more specific information about your stay and Room Service order so we could follow up and provide additional training where necessary.
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed at the Philadelphia Marriott west for a weekend trip to Philly. All downtown hotels were either sold out, or jacked up their rates due to a huge educator confrence the same weekend. The hotel is a comfortable 15 min drive from downtown with no traffic on I-76. Very clean, quiet and spacious. We had a corner king room (814) that was perfect. No noise from the streets or highways below. In the mornings there were sealed water bottles on ice for all guests. They even has a small tray of donuts and goodies for people in the lobby, which was quite nice. For a good meal within walking distance.....try Stella's about a 5-10 min walk away.
The hotel does charge to park in their garage, even on the weekends. The rates are $20 self, or $30 vallet. If you want to save some money, there is plenty of on street parking on Moorehead Ave. Turn right out of the hotel and stay straight. McDonald's will be on your right, and there is street parking all the way down that road on the right hand side. No signs or restrictions. If you need to park in downtown Philly, google the "PPA Vine Street Garage".....$5 all day, everyday.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 814 which was a corner King. Very quiet and spacious. I'm almost certain that a...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank worldbusiness04
Thank you for the wonderful compliments you post about the hotel. We always like to hear when our guests are happy with there stay. We hope you choose us again in the future.
Rockville, Maryland, Usa
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This is a decent hotel and good value for the price. For me, it was not a very good location and since I was on business, I needed to be out and about early in the morning and there was no place to get breakfast or coffee. It felt like it was in the middle of nowhere. On the plus side, the parking was in a garage and free and there was a workout room and a pool. Since I'm in the area with some frequency, I would consider staying there again however it is not in a great location (e.g. no Starbucks and 18 to 20 miles to the city)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Tom L, Manager at Philadelphia Marriott West, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
I apologize that you weren't able to find a coffee or breakfast option. Our desk has a list of local restaurants and coffee house in the areas (including the nearest Starbucks) that we can provide you. Please feel free to discuss your early morning needs with the desk on arrival on your next stay and I'm sure we will able to assist you. Thank you for staying with us and for the positive comments about the hotel.
Bernardsville, NJ
Reviewed 24 March 2014

As always, I share that I am a Marriott Rewards member. My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights (Thursday night through Saturday morning) to attend a running clinic at Villanova. The hotel is just 10 minutes from Villanova University.

We were upgraded to a corner room. The room was spacious and modernly appointed. The bed was super comfortable, and the room was clean.

We were given access to the VIP lounge which provides complimentary breakfast to Rewards members on weekdays.

The hotel offers complimentary water bottles on a regular basis- lots of them set up in lobby. When we returned on Friday night, they even had complimentary soft pretzels!

The hotel has a restaurant/bar called Legends. It has a variety of beers on tap, and the food was good!

For workouts, there is a canal path to run along right outside of the hotel. I am disappointed that I did not get to enjoy it, but I saw it from the hotel room.

I would, without hesitation, stay there again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such great comments about the hotel. Our team works hard to provide a comfortable, clean enviorment for our guests and it means a lot to them when we post these around the hotel.
New Hampshire
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Perfect stay at this hotel . . . Luigi is the best concierge you will meet in any Marriott hotel! If you are on the concierge level, be sure you meet Luigi--he makes this hotel a special place. Extremely convenient to Villanova. Highly recommend this Marriott property.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Conshohocken
Residence Inn Philadelphia Conshohocken
Radnor Hotel
Radnor Hotel
#4 of 5 in Wayne
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
Courtyard Philadelphia Devon
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philad...
#1 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting

Been to Philadelphia Marriott West? Share your experiences!