“Bug”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in West Hazleton
Jupiter, Florida
“Bug”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I had an overall descent experience at this Comfort Inn.. However, When I woke up I was shocked to see my cat attacking the side of the bed.. There was a reason.. A weird looking bug.
I brought it to the customer service's attention. As it was a good sized bug. She stated that she didnt think it was a bed bug.. But I did not take any chances and threw away all my luggage and hot washed all my clothes. My clothes are all now "quarantined" for atleast 2 weeks so i can determine if I brought any with me.. As i am hoping nothing came with me i cant be 100%.

I had checked the bed and surrounding areas for signs and saw no signs of bugs..

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
jenina1129, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
I am very sorry for your experience here but would like to let you know that there was no need for you to take such drastic measures thinking the bug you found was a bed bug. You said in your review "it was a good size bug", Bed bugs are very small about the size of a pin head so the bug you found was not one it was instead a harmless stink bug which a popular in this area and during this time of year, they come inside to escape the cold.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Albany, New York
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We have stayed here on our way to visit my parents, as it is a halfway point for us. The location is easily accessible to the interstate. The staff is courteous and helpful; the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the breakfast is way above average in a pleasant dining room. What more could you want?

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank carl12061
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Only stayed one night. The gentleman behind the desk was running the place like a charm. We needed a repair to our peep hole which was repaired instantly. Bed comfortable except the pillows were half the size of a regular pillow. Needed three to get comfortable. The WIFi was not working at all. Love the shower. Very reasonably priced. Would recommend but bring your own pillow.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
NORTH PORT
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at this hotel and we are very pleased with it. The young lady at the front desk was very helpful and pleasant to talk to. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The restaurant service and food was great. They had karaoke here the night we stayed (Sat) down in the lounge but it did not bother us at all. Great place to stay and we will be staying here again on our next trip thru.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last night on our way home from Florida and it was a great choice! We arrived very late and Tricia at the front desk was amazing!! We got adjoining rooms and I have to say the beds were THE MOST COMFORTABLE we stayed in on our entire 17 day vacation! It was very quiet and super clean, it was modern and the breakfast was good. My teens loved the hot ham on the buffet instead of the usual limp bacon. Made all the difference in those last 6 hrs to get home today. My first choice when we head back thru in feb!! :)

• Stayed September 2013
Albany, NY
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I'm never quite sure how to rate hotels of differing levels of luxury. This place was not nearly as nice as other hotels we stayed at on our trip, but it was excellent for a Comfort Inn caliber hotel.

The hotel was close to the highway, but not right on the highway, so it was quiet. The staff was helpful and the room was quiet, roomy and had a refrigerator. The breakfast was ample with plenty of room for guests to sit. I especially liked the view from the breakfast room onto a little garden. It was a relaxing way to start my day. My kids loved the little quirky touches like the ceramic frogs in the entry area walking in. It looks like someone is taking special care of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Avoid this place unless you like to drink and sing till 1:30 an. We checked in around 6 pm last Saturday. The karaoke music from the lounge did not stop till 1:30 am. Since they sell liquor, you will hear drunken and nosy guests roaming in the hallway all night

When I called the front desk, they said that I should have been informed of the situation of a nosy pub till 1:30. Wow! The guy did not tell me and put me directly above the lounge.

Also one of the coffee bag near the coffee maker was torn apart with the grounded coffee on the tray.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
#2 of 8 in Hazleton
Ramada Hazleton
Ramada Hazleton
#6 of 8 in Hazleton

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!