“Great Lodging, Terrific Folks”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in West Hazleton
Upstate NY
“Great Lodging, Terrific Folks”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I've been staying here weekly since February. The rooms are clean, quiet and well outfitted. Nice breakfast buffet. The best feature however is the staff. Friendly, helpful and kind. Excellent choice off I81

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank goodoldroute15

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Eliot, Maine
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stopped here on our way home from Florida and chose Comfort Inn because of passed experience. Hotel was just okay. Décor is old and everything needs updating. The bathroom sink was so small you could barely fit a tooth paste tube on it! The shower stall was very small and the shower head barely gave you a shower. This must have been a smoking hotel at one time and because the carpets are old the smell still lingers. We were so tired we stayed, as the room seemed fairly clean. Room lights had all kinds of different bulbs in them so the lighting was funky. Had a lamp in the room that was placed by a wall for no apparent reason. One critical pint is no internet password to log into. Not really a great idea with everything that is going on.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
jenina1129, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 23 April 2014

Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 13 March 2014

All hotels in the area were full that night so we were thankful for this one. However eeks, this place is not clean. The staff at front desk was very helpful and we were truly thankful for the spot. It just needs work. Incredibly noisy in the halls much of the night on and off. I wouldn't look to stay here however when desperate to get off the highway, one stays where they must.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

This is a good place to stay when travelling on the Interstate. It is easily accessible. The rooms are larger than average with a small refrigerator in the room. The bed was comfortable with a selection of good pillows. The on site restaurant provided a number of tasty dinner selections so that we did not need to go out in search of a restaurant for dinner. This hotel has all the necessities required for a comfortable stop over while travelling.

Stayed February 2014
jenina1129, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank You for taking the time to post your feedback. We are happy that your stay with us was pleasant and look forward to seeing you in the future! Have a great day!
Tennessee
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stopped here on our way to Canada and had a good nights rest after a full day of driving. Hotel is 100% non-smoking, and although it appeared that it had been there for some time everything was quite new. The entrance had a colorful well maintained rock garden on either side of the walkway to the lobby door. The even numbered rooms face the back to the wooded area; the odd-numbered rooms face the parking lot which might make them more susceptible to noise. There were several semis parked out front but we did not hear any of them from our even numbered room.
Breakfast is served in the dining room which is also used in the evening and included a bar, for breakfast use it was very spacious contrary to many Comfort Inns which have quite small breakfast areas. Breakfast is typical Comfort Inn style with an assortment of baked goods, cereals, yogurt, and egg and bacon/sausage choices. Eggs were shaped into patties but looked as if they were beaten and then poured into forms for before placing on the steam table. Taste was OK; I suspect they do this to ‘regulate’ folks on how much to put on their plate. I thought the coffee was quite weak. Putting a spoon into it you could see the spoon for a good distance into the cup. Overall it was a good place to spend a night while traveling through and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the woods and are quiet, odd numbers are on parking lot side which would li...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I had an overall descent experience at this Comfort Inn.. However, When I woke up I was shocked to see my cat attacking the side of the bed.. There was a reason.. A weird looking bug.
I brought it to the customer service's attention. As it was a good sized bug. She stated that she didnt think it was a bed bug.. But I did not take any chances and threw away all my luggage and hot washed all my clothes. My clothes are all now "quarantined" for atleast 2 weeks so i can determine if I brought any with me.. As i am hoping nothing came with me i cant be 100%.

I had checked the bed and surrounding areas for signs and saw no signs of bugs..

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
jenina1129, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
I am very sorry for your experience here but would like to let you know that there was no need for you to take such drastic measures thinking the bug you found was a bed bug. You said in your review "it was a good size bug", Bed bugs are very small about the size of a pin head so the bug you found was not one it was instead a harmless stink bug which a popular in this area and during this time of year, they come inside to escape the cold.
Albany, New York
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We have stayed here on our way to visit my parents, as it is a halfway point for us. The location is easily accessible to the interstate. The staff is courteous and helpful; the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the breakfast is way above average in a pleasant dining room. What more could you want?

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
#2 of 8 in Hazleton
Ramada Hazleton
Ramada Hazleton
#6 of 8 in Hazleton

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!