“Very good”
Review of Comfort Inn

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in West Hazleton
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Very good,has a great restaurant and good food.great breakfast that is free and pet friendly,they give you a bag with goodies for the dog great staff room was spotless I would stay here again a little more expensive than most comfort inns

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
jenina1129, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Kind Regards,

Jeaninne Motroni
GM
570 455-9300

Reviewed 19 May 2014

When my friend and I first pulled up to this hotel we found the exterior of the hotel
to be really old looking, it looks much older than the Comfort Inn I work at from the
outside, but then I found out it was built around the same time as mine.

From the minute I walked into the door I was impressed. Cassandra at the Front Desk
was very nice and professional and checked me in quickly. I came after work so a lot
of places that were around the area to eat were already closed. So Cassandra suggested
we get a bite to eat in the Lounge. I believe it was called Timbers, and it was located right
inside the hotel. I ordered chicken fingers and french fries. I have to say that everything
was very good. The chicken fingers were nice and hot and the fries were very tasty, and
the girls working in there were very nice. Always stopped by our table and asked if we
needed something. We were very glad not to have to leave the hotel to stop and get food
because we did get there late.

Now for the room, I found nothing out of place or unclean. An Old Fashioned or outdated
room doesn't bother me as long as it's clean. The room did have a flat screen LG TV and
the picture was very clear, and all the stations came in perfectly. I was glad I got to enjoy
my usual Golden Girls on Hallmark Channel. The bed was very comfortable and I slept
very good all night.

The next morning we got breakfast, which was located in the same place we had dinner the
night before. Everything there was very good as well. The lady working it and stocking the
food was very nice. We didn't get down there until about 9:00. They told me breakfast was
until 9:30 and I very much appreciated the fact everything was still set up and stocked well.
Alot of times at hotels they will let the food start to deplete and start to disappear a half hour
before breakfast was over, and that can be very frustrating when one likes to sleep in, but the
lady stocking it at this Comfort Inn did a very good job, so Kudos to her. I was sorry I didn't
catch her name.

Also, I want to thank Joanne, at check out she was very kind and told me she was also the
sales manager for your hotel. She seems to be very good at what she does, you seem to
have a great employee in her, so I tip my hat off to Joanne.

Being an employee of Choice Hotels, I like to take advantage of my employee discount once
in a while, next time I feel I need a break from the home scene, and want to get away for a
night or two. I will definately be stopping here. Thanks again, Comfort Inn, Hazleton!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
jenina1129, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Kind Regards,

Jeaninne Motroni
GM
570 455-9300

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I've been staying here weekly since February. The rooms are clean, quiet and well outfitted. Nice breakfast buffet. The best feature however is the staff. Friendly, helpful and kind. Excellent choice off I81

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank goodoldroute15
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stopped here on our way home from Florida and chose Comfort Inn because of passed experience. Hotel was just okay. Décor is old and everything needs updating. The bathroom sink was so small you could barely fit a tooth paste tube on it! The shower stall was very small and the shower head barely gave you a shower. This must have been a smoking hotel at one time and because the carpets are old the smell still lingers. We were so tired we stayed, as the room seemed fairly clean. Room lights had all kinds of different bulbs in them so the lighting was funky. Had a lamp in the room that was placed by a wall for no apparent reason. One critical pint is no internet password to log into. Not really a great idea with everything that is going on.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
jenina1129, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Reviewed 13 March 2014

All hotels in the area were full that night so we were thankful for this one. However eeks, this place is not clean. The staff at front desk was very helpful and we were truly thankful for the spot. It just needs work. Incredibly noisy in the halls much of the night on and off. I wouldn't look to stay here however when desperate to get off the highway, one stays where they must.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is a good place to stay when travelling on the Interstate. It is easily accessible. The rooms are larger than average with a small refrigerator in the room. The bed was comfortable with a selection of good pillows. The on site restaurant provided a number of tasty dinner selections so that we did not need to go out in search of a restaurant for dinner. This hotel has all the necessities required for a comfortable stop over while travelling.

Stayed: February 2014
jenina1129, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Thank You for taking the time to post your feedback. We are happy that your stay with us was pleasant and look forward to seeing you in the future! Have a great day!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stopped here on our way to Canada and had a good nights rest after a full day of driving. Hotel is 100% non-smoking, and although it appeared that it had been there for some time everything was quite new. The entrance had a colorful well maintained rock garden on either side of the walkway to the lobby door. The even numbered rooms face the back to the wooded area; the odd-numbered rooms face the parking lot which might make them more susceptible to noise. There were several semis parked out front but we did not hear any of them from our even numbered room.
Breakfast is served in the dining room which is also used in the evening and included a bar, for breakfast use it was very spacious contrary to many Comfort Inns which have quite small breakfast areas. Breakfast is typical Comfort Inn style with an assortment of baked goods, cereals, yogurt, and egg and bacon/sausage choices. Eggs were shaped into patties but looked as if they were beaten and then poured into forms for before placing on the steam table. Taste was OK; I suspect they do this to ‘regulate’ folks on how much to put on their plate. I thought the coffee was quite weak. Putting a spoon into it you could see the spoon for a good distance into the cup. Overall it was a good place to spend a night while traveling through and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the woods and are quiet, odd numbers are on parking lot side which would li...