“Just What We Needed!”

Park Inn by Radisson Sharon, PA
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in West Middlesex
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This Hotel was the last of a few hotels that my husband and I stayed in during a long distance travel in a moving truck. The room we stayed in was a 1 bedroom king suite with another bed in the room. Therefore, the room was a nice large room with an updated TV; comfortable bed; sofa; microwave; small refrigerator; and other amenities. The room had a nice atmosphere, which means a lot to me, with a modern touch but still conservative. It was a comfortable, bright, happy room, which my husband and I needed after traveling 3000 miles in moving truck.

We were very pleased.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SincerelyBloomfield
Tom D, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Sharon, PA, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill in a Trip Advisor survey. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

On behalf of our entire staff at Park Inn by Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Tom Drabick
Front Office Manager
Park Inn by Radisson - Sharon
724-906-6167

There are newer reviews for Park Inn by Radisson Sharon, PA

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Restaurant staff is very attentive. Meeting rooms have temperature control problems and need some repairs. Has a peculiar aroma in some areas - musty is the word that comes to mind. Location is convenient.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
ParkInnbyRadisson_GM, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Sharon, PA, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.

The combination of our indoor pool and revent heavy rains can cause us some humidity issues that we work hard to deal with and do apologize if this was a disctraction.

I will make sure that our team in the dining room is made aware of your kind comments.

We hope to be able to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

I will never stay here again. There is a huge difference between the website photos and reality. The hotel is old and it shows. Deferred maintenance has taken its toll over the years.

Beware rooms near the bar (first floor, low 100's room numbers). If you are on the first floor be ready to deal with DJ amplified music and drunks chattering in the hallway on Friday and Saturday nights.

It seems as if the staff is working hard but my beef is with the owners. This place needs a major infusion of capital for a full rehab and the place looks like it has been completely neglected by the corporate office. Honestly, if I were Radisson, I would tear the place down and start over.

I made a mistake and prepaid to get a better price, so could not go up the street to the (much nicer) Holiday Inn.

Pros:
+ good water pressure in bathroom
+ easy freeway access
+ indoor pool
+ friendly and helpful staff

Cons:
- poor security (door latch was broken - felt unsafe)
- can't get away from smell of smoke even in non smoking areas (yuck)
- noisy
- water stains on wall and ceiling (inexcusable! Paint is cheap. Guests should never see this)
- rusty AC vent (c'mon guys, replace the vent instead of repainting over the rust each year)
- wall plug plates hanging off the wall / big holes in wall where the outlet should be.
- old, drab, dreary and depressing

Room Tip: To get a good room, book another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael S
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Park Inn by Radisson Sharon, PA, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel this summer. The room was wonderful. The pool and courtyard were fantastic. Plus, it is located near shopping centers and outlet malls. What a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a courtyard room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
ParkInnbyRadisson_GM, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Sharon, PA, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

We are glad to see that you had a good time in the pool and courtyard and enjoyed your stay with us in general.

Our location is very central and convenient to many shopping and entertainment venues.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

I booked this via priceline for a Grove City outlet weekend. I got it for $90/night ..a pretty good deal overall. I needed a rollaway bed but it was late and they decided to upgrade me to a King bed with another double bed in the room....no charge. Great deal.
The pool and Hot tube were ok. I didn't try either onsite restaurant. It is an older hotel, but in pretty good shape. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the indoor pool could be noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
ParkInnbyRadisson_GM, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Sharon, PA, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2013

We are so happy to hear that you plan to stay with us again when you travel back to the area.

Thank you for sharing this information regarding your stay.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

This is an older hotel and it shows it's age but the staff more than make up for the deficiencies. Our room had a king and double bed as well as a pull out couch but don't think there was room to open the couch but it was a very large room and perfect for us.

Bathroom was clean but small.

Our room overlooked the busy highway and I was concerned about the noise but it didn't appear to affect my sleep. If you are bothered by road noise, ask for an inside room overlooking the indoor pool.

No spare outlets by the bed. I look for this now as I like to charge my phone overnight and have it close at hand.

The staff were just amazing. Friendly, helpful. Restaurant staff were particularly nice.

A good one-night layover hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your patronage and also for the fabulous comments about our team here at the hotel.

It is very much appreciated and we hope to be able to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

This hotel is what I’d describe as an older, convention style hotel that is spread out over a large area. It has been through some renovation, but it looked to me like they did a partial job to make things look nicer at first glance (and on their website). Examples: the bathroom had a makeover including mostly new fixtures, but the bathroom door had a patch under the new doorknob to stop it from pulling through and the door hinges were old and rusted. The entrance area to room still had an old drop ceiling and the section holding the light was sagging quite a bit (see pics)
The halls are long and isolated – my wife would be creeped out if traveling alone so consider this while booking -maybe ask for a room near the front. The pool area was closed. The WIFI signal was so weak that I could not log on - huge strike for this business traveler. The bathroom was so small the door almost hit the toilet when opened. Overall, glad my stay was just for one night.
Funny story: When I checked in, the desk clerk said my assigned room was on the 2nd floor and asked if that was okay, which I confirmed as fine. Then when she directed me to my room by entering through door C, she said that I would be entering on ground level. In that area of the hotel, because it was semi built into a slope, my 2nd floor room was actually on the ground floor. So why exactly did she ask..?..

Room Tip: I would check the WIFI signal in your room before you settle in.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

We are not the newest hotel as you noticed but have worked hard to provide our guests with an excellent product and also service.

We appreciate your taking the time to pass along this information regarding your stay with us and will work on our shortcomings.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Middlesex
Quality Inn Hermitage
#3 of 4 in Hermitage
Holiday Inn Express Grove City-Prime Outlet Mall
Hampton Inn & Suites Grove City

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Sharon, PA? Share your experiences!