“Try the Egg White Scramble”
Review of Hot Metal Diner - CLOSED

Hot Metal Diner
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The previous reviews are true - the pancakes here are as big as your head. They will fill you up. Try the Mancakes if you are truly brave, but be warned it is for professional eaters only. Hot Metal is in my heavy rotation for a weekend breakfast. My favorite is the Egg White Scramble, 5 whites with tomatoes, peppers, & onions (I sub mushrooms for the onions). Staff at the bar at least is always fun & mixing it up with the folks at the counter.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

These are the biggest pancakes I have ever seen. You better be hurry to order the pancake breakfast.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is a cool diner with great food. We were very happy with our soft taco eggs, french toast and pancakes. On Sundays a band plays a mellow jazz vibe which made it all the better. The staff was friendly and made us feel welcome. We prefer eating at the counter. The appliances behind the counter are covered with humorous stickers and magnets which gave us a few laughs. When I lived in Pittsburgh, this was one of my go-to places to take out-of-town guests.

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Stopped in after a trip to the Doctor with my wife. Good coffee great friendly service and a breakfast burrito that was out of this world. Too much too eat at one sitting but I definitely put a big dent in it. The friendly laid back service sets it apart from other diners. Will definitely try it again soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We found this sports bar while on the long journey home from Arizona. One would never guess what was behind the doors from the street. Although we were here for a quick lunch, we enjoyed conversations with the bartender and learning the history of the premises (it has the original vault open for display). The decor is very sport bar oriented, which we like. Service was quick and very friendly, the food was reasonably priced. We would stop here again next time we are in Butte.