Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in West Mifflin
encino ca
“friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Clean, comfortable accommodations and friendly staff. Only drawback is the divided highway it's located on, must exit one way and make a U-turn if you want to go the other way. This was the better of my 2 Extended Stay experiences to date.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Kim - I am glad to hear that your stay at our hotel was a pleasant one. Thank you for the kind words about our staff and how comfortable your room was. I am so glad that we provided you with a great experience and hope we can do so again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

My friend and i got flooded out of our apartment and we had to go to a hotel! Christina, Lynette, Ang, Amber, Amanda, and Kameh are the best staff in the hotel industry! They went out of their way so many times over for me. I stayed from July 30th till Sept 30 2013 and had we could not ask for better hospitality!! Anything that was wrong and they took care of it right away although i didnt have anything wrong i saw this with other people staying there. They would do whatever it took to make things right! The only complaint i had was the cable, they dont offer that many channels and alot of ESPN, but that is not the staffs problem that is the company in an over all. THANK YOU! for the wonderful treatment that we got! I will be sure to recomend this place to anyone and everyone i know. We will never forget any of you!! You were very special to us in a very hard time of our lives you became our second family!! THEY ALL DESERVE A RAISE!

Room Tip: Pick this place if you want to feel at home!! They made leaving hard because they are so kind and ca...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Renee - Thank you so very much for the kind words regarding your recent stay with us! It was our pleasure to have you both, even though your stay was unexpected! We strive to provide our guest with a great experience during their stay and I am pleases to hear that Christina, Lynette, Ang, Amber, Amanda, and Kameh provided that for you during your stay.

I think that I could speak for the entire staff, by saying, we were sad to see you go! However, I am sure that you are both happy to be back home! Hope to see you in the future under different circumstances! Take Care!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

Once again, a sad event brought us to the South Hills and once again the hospitality shown to us by the staff made our stay so much easier. The room was clean. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was small-but the fruit was appreciated and the coffee great.

In the two times that we have stayed here in the past 8 months, however, it has been the staff's warmth and accommodating manner, particularly Lynette-which has been so memorable. For one example: we asked for help with some paperwork we needed for my Mom's wake, and Lynette was so helpful-one less thing to worry about during a difficult time.

Thank you again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
I would like to take a moment to send my deepest sympathies to you, from all of us, for your loss. Thank you for the nice comments about your stay with us! It prides me to know that the staff's warm & inviting nature, helped to make your difficult time just a little easier! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Lynette!
Middle Island, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

my family and I traveled from new York to see family in Pittsburgh upon entering the room the bed had hair and stains on the sheets and covers. We told the desk person to put us in another room which also had hair and cigarette burn in the sheets. We told the night person we could not stay here and put my family in a dirty room. Need less to say the breakfast was only a shelf next to two coffee pots. The night girl needs to be not as sarcastic. to her customers Needless to say we got our money back and went to the Hampton inn in west Mifflin by which staff there was great!! And you get what you pay for meaning a full breakfast from waffles to eggs and friendly people. Extended stay staff needs to learn from Hampton inn staff.

Room Tip: do not pay first ask to see the room and inspect with the staff before paying for your hard worked m...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Matt - I want to thank you for sharing your experience with us, as we utilize all feedback to help better our hotels offerings. The issue with the bed linen in your guestroom is unacceptable and has promptly been addressed. As well, I am going to be coaching the entire staff on how to provide better customer service moving forward as I do not condone unprofessional behavior like what is being described in your review.

I would be happy to speak to you in more detail, concerning your stay. Please feel free to contact me at the property, 412.650.9096. I do hope that you will give us a second chance to exceed your expectations in the future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Landed here on business. The traffic situation around the hotel is rough. The hotel has been recently renovated and the rooms are pretty nice. They contain a kitchen and full fridge. They need to do a better job cleaning as my room contained food crumbs from the previous guest. The "free" breakfast was a joke- oatmeal bars and apples. There was no gym and you are not really able to walk to any nearby shops or restaurants. Overall the hotel is good enough for a couple of nights sleep.

• Stayed August 2013
Thanks for taking the time to give us review of your experience! We apologize that our Grab and Go breakfast did not meet your standards. We will use your comments to better coach our staff. We would love the opportunity to better serve you should your travels bring you back to our area.
Needham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

This hotel is clean and quiet. Beds were comfortable, bathroom clean, and the windows opened up. We were on the back side and looked over trees so we had privacy. Would visit again.
Staff was very helpful at both check in and check out.

Room Tip: We were on 4th floor 426 maybe??? Back side away from road.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We are so happy hear it was an enjoyable one! Your feedback is important to us to continually provide our guest the best customer service and comfortable stay. We hope to see you again, if your travels bring you back to the area!
Ashland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

The entire floor we were on wreaked of smoke. The walls seemed thin, especially from the ceiling, people were stomping around all night. There were also so many blinking lights in the room it was hard to fall asleep. There was trash under the bed and the linen all smelled of smoke. Glad we only had to be there one night. SpringHill Suites just down the road was 10 times better for about $20 more a night.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
1 Thank SDAV2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
I have just read your recent response about your stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was less than desirable. Our mission is to provide our guests with a fresh and comfortable room, as well as great customer service, so I regret hearing that we fell short of that! Please know, this property is non-smoking, and we have a strict policy against smoking outside of the designated areas. As well, I am sorry for the level of cleanliness under your bed. This is an isolated incident which will be addressed with the staff.

Thank you for providing us with your feedback! We will use your comments to help better our staff, so that we can ensure that your next stay will exceed your expectations! Please do not hesitate to reach out to me at pwm@extendedstay.com. Thanks again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Mifflin
#3 of 5 in West Mifflin
Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh South
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin
Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh/Waterfront-West Homestead

Been to Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin? Share your experiences!