“Decent place to stay”

Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in West Mifflin
Reviewed 12 July 2014

If you want maid service every day and a buffet for breakfast, this is not the place for you. BUT with a nice little kitchen and a full size fridge, you can fix a nice breakfast before you head out for the day. Pots, pans and dishes were provided along with plates and utensils. I thought that was great! Saves a little money too!

We reserved a King room and were given a Queen due to overbooking but we were transferred to a King room the next day and our rate was reduced due to the inconvenience. This is a good place to stay if you will be in an area for a week or longer. All they need to do is add a few more channels to their TV choices! I will have no trouble stay at an Extended Stay again if we have a long stay somewhere again.

Room Tip: Keep away from a room near the elevator or the side/back entrance.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tess6767

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed here twice, was just travelling to meet friends. The room was spacious and really comfortable. Bathroom was clean and I had plenty of towels for myself. Reception staff were friendly when checking in/out. Breakfast was a little lacking, however it served it's purpose.
I was pleasantly surprised and would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank BerWilde
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Nothing extravagant but everything you need. Updated room. Good sized fridge and kitchen area.. very clean and the staff was friendly. I would stay here again. The break fast wasn't a full meal but everything you'd need to get your day going.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ckbykm
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We reserved a king room, and were given a double. When telling the staff about this, they just said tough luck. Call hotels dot com. We had reserved it a month ago. There was no apology. They all acted like we were inconveniencing them. There was supposed to be a complimentary breakfast...what a joke!!! There are no eggs or fruit or juice or milk. All you get is oatmeal packets and coffee. The Air Conditioner didn't work. There was supposed to be a complimentary gym, but that was another thing that I got treated rudely about. We used to do that, but not any more. There was no I'm sorry for inconveniencing you again. I got treated like I was an annoyance, and not a customer. This has been the worst hotel stay of my life!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank leofire31
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Who would want to stay at a hotel that has flying bugs in the room? This is our second time at this hotel. The first time I found it to be ok. The second time, the experience was horrible and will never, never choose to stay here. I was told by the front desk clerk that these bugs were normal in the burbs... After killing two of them, we took them to the front desk and the attendant told us that they are harmless and if you kill one, hundreds of more bugs will grow! Nice! Instead of only killing one, we would have to kill hundreds of these bugs... The bathroom floor was not cleaned appropriately, it had white patches, and the tub was so old, it was chipped. The breakfast is a joke. Two coffee pots in the lobby did not have any coffee and we were told it would take five minutes. Although this hotel offers good rates, with the money we spent for a decent breakfast
will make up to the rates in surrounding hotels.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 700Elsie33
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize for the level of cleanliness in your room and am working with the staff to improve our cleaning procedures so that this issue does not affect our future guests. Your feedback regarding our free grab-and-go breakfast is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to provide any additional comments, please feel free to contact me directly at, pwm@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

The room was clean and well appointed. The service I received was friendly. The only drawbacks were an uncomfortable mattress with flat pillows and the room smelled faintly of smoke. If I was back in this area, I would stay again, but I might try one of the other hotels first.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank swandive208
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your clean room and our friendly staff during your visit with us. Still, I apologize that you were not pleased with your pillows and mattress. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Got to the place about 9pm and no person at front desk...after 10 minutes of shouting we called the emergency number on the desk phone...we get an answer and a tall guy holding his mobile phone steps out of the back room and curtly asks us 'You checking in?'...We replied 'yes' LOL. We found the room clean but hate the fact that it is not cleaned daily and hated the microscopic shampoo we got for our two day stay...had to use soap on day two!!!! Otherwise it was good.

PS as were leaving during the day the woman behind the desk was MUCH nicer! That was great and gets the rating up a star! I guess it is true that you get what you pay for. All that said I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again...I would just grit my teeth on the way in. LOL

Thinking about this place...only minor tweaks would make this place pretty good. Make you feel welcome and give people shampoo!

Room Tip: Get a room on side away from traffic.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Econo Lodge Clairton
Econo Lodge Clairton
#1 of 1 in Clairton
Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront

Been to Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin? Share your experiences!