Our entire family (From 5 different States) was there for my nephew's wedding. The person working the night shift was rude and seemed completely disinterested in providing any level of customer service. My brother's family had arrived the day before and explained that they had significant problems with the room key working and warned us about the rude 3rd shift staff person. When we arrived back at the hotel after the wedding, the room key for my brother's room did not work; however, when my sister-in-law complained, she was told she was biligerent and was going to bed kick out. She left and returned to her room. My brother (retired police officer) went to ask the clerk if he had, in fact, told his wife that she was kicked out. The clerk said "yes" but would offer no explaination. My brother asked "Really?" and with that the clerk informed him that he too was now beligerent and called the police. The police arrived (they were great BTW) but the clerk would not offer any reasonable explanation other than tout his authority and demanded that they be kicked out. The police asked the clerk to re-consider as no one was beligerent and everyone was calm (although frustrated). It must have taken the police 3 or 4 times to ask the clerk to be reasonable before he finally relented and let them stay. We have called corporate to complain and we called this hotels management -- who reviewed the video and agreed that the clerk acted inappropriately (especially as his version of the story had complete LIES in it). The fact that this clerk - with horrible people skills - can put travelor's out on the street is frightening. He lacks the fortitude to handle responsibility and is abusive of his power yet it appears the hotel management will allow him to retain his position. Watch out IF you don't heed my advice!!! Whatever you do - don't complain (even about poor conditions/service) or Chaz might just kick you out...because he can and the management enables him to do it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- **** Please note that our Holiday Inn Express and Suites will be under renovations Beginning in February 2015. Our staff is committed to ensuring that your stay will still be enjoyable and that you will still have full access to all of our current amenities. Please contact the hotel for further details. **** The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-West Mifflin is nestled in the beautiful South Hills Area. The hotel has metropolitan furnishings and a friendly, well-trained staff. The hotel is adjacent to the Allegheny County Airport and minutes from Jefferson Regional Medical Center and UPMC McKeesport in addition to local shopping and dining. Attractions close by include Kennywood Amusement Park, Sandcastle Water Park, The Waterfront Shopping Complex, Station Square Shopping and Bessemer Court Entertainment/Dining and Century III Mall Catch a game with the Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field, Pittsburgh Penguins at Mellon Arena & Pittsburgh Pirates at PNC Park all only 15 minutes from the hotel. Come, Stay Smart with us, and do not forget our free Express Start breakfast buffet with warm cinnamon rolls and our signature Smart Roast coffee. We offer the most flexible and spacious meeting facilities in the West Mifflin area. We offer a ballroom, hospitality room and boardrooms with breakout space for 10-200 people with free parking. Call our sales department today to schedule your event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, IHG, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel West Mifflin
- Holiday Inn West Mifflin
- West Mifflin Holiday Inn