“Was not our average HIE”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in West Mifflin
Manning, South Carolina
“Was not our average HIE”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

we found the hotel average , it was however close to our work so that was good, rooms don't come standard with fridge /mcwave, but the CSR promptly brought us one, hotel laundry broken,and for using our points we should have been upgraded to a suite or a king room, but wasn't offered, breakfast (8), just wasn't real impressed overall

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Thank you for your feedback! I apologize for the issues that you had encountered during your stay. You will be happy to know that we met with Holiday Inn representatives this past week to start our renovation plans! This will include a complete overhaul of all public spaces and guest rooms. Our dryer in the guest laundry was unfortunately vandalized and is now repaired and on camera. We take our guest's satisfaction very seriously and we hope that you stay with us again in the future so that we can make up for this previous stay and make it more than just an average stay for you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
furnitureruss
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

I grew up and went to school in this town. I moved away many years ago, but still visit my family and friends on occassion. I generally stay at Marriott properties (primarily because I travel for work often and our company encourages us to). Anyway, I had enough points saved up from my prior Holiday Inn visits to stay here in West Mifflin on points this trip. I WAS platinum with Holiday Inn years ago. These days - I have no status at all with Holiday Inn. However, after a long flight from the West Coast arriving in West Mifflin close to midnight, upon our check-in we were told we have a king bed + jacuzzi suite. We were very surprised to hear this news, but also very thankful for the courtesy. I must admit we were nervous about staying at Holiday Inn Express solely because we've not had good night rest in the beds (which tend to be on the firmer side). On this trip, we asked for and received a few extra pillows which helped. By the end of our trip, our backs were a bit sore from the bed, but our overall experience was very positive.
Remember a few things .... this is an affordable hotel in West Mifflin. This is not the Ritz in Honolulu, so don't expect high-end, snooty amenities. DO expect a comfortable and clean room with modest furnishings including microwave/mini-fridge, nice people, a very nice free breakfast with the world famous cinnamon rolls, and other hot and cold food options, plenty of free parking, and everything else you would hope to have for a reasonbly priced hotel. Kudos to everyone we encountered at the HIE West Mifflin. It was a very pleasant stay - and extra bonus because for us we stayed on points. Thank you HIE West Mifflin!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank furnitureruss
mmcfarland, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you so much for the great comments! I will make sure that this is passed onto the rest of the staff here. We are glad that you gave us another chance and enjoyed your stay with us! You are exactly right in what you had said in your review. Being a Holiday Inn EXPRESS, we are the limited service version of a Holiday Inn property. We pride ourselves in being affordable, clean, comfortable and friendly. We want you to be able to check-in, relax and be yourself! Thank you again for staying with us! We hope to see you again!!
Cleveland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

I have stayed here a couple of times, and the experience each time has been consistent - it is not the greatest hotel, but I found it conveniently located, close to the business I was visiting. For some reason, I seem to end up on the lower level (basement floor) whenever I stay there, the room facing an empty parking lot. I like the fact that they have a decent breakfast buffet (mostly continental, though they do have hot foods such as egg and bacon as well) included in the room price. I believe the WiFi is also free. The one thing I didn't like about the room was the old style heating/AC - it was hard to get the room to be comfortable with the simple dial knob on the unit itself. It was always too hot or too cold (mostly hot). The choices for control (heat, cold) looked like one of those diner menus (My Cousin Vinny, anyone?) that would simply say "breakfast, lunch, dinner". I would try to avoid staying here in the future, but I have a feeling I would end up there anyway, since it is not like there are a lot of choices in this part of the town...

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
mmcfarland, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us and providing us with feedback! We are glad that you enjoyed our breakfast! Next time you visit mention to the reservationist that you would prefer not to be on the lower floor and we will make sure we don't place you on that floor. Our WIFI is free and I'm happy to say that we are currently in the process of negotiating renovations with the Holiday Inn Brand to update our property, including the heating/AC!

Thank you again for staying with us! We hope to see you again soon!
Lancaster, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

This is a great place to stay. The entire facility is new and very clean. Our room was spacious and comfortable and very quiet. The shower was hot and powerful. The full breakfast was surprisingly good (especially for a picky eater).

We would gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: There are lots of restaurants and shopping within a very short distance. We had a car so I don'...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank NfromOhio
mmcfarland, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin, responded to this review, 12 February 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Perth Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

We only stayed here for 2 nights for Halloween at Kennywood but thoroughly enjoyed it. Not too many Aussies come through this part of the world so we were a bit of a novelty :)

It was clean, safe, comfy beds, lovely hot showers, helpful staff, good breakfast (bit freaked out by the gravy for the biscuits though!!!).

Typical wonderful Pennsylvanian hospitality!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
mmcfarland, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin, responded to this review, 28 November 2011
We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that you enjoyed your visit to Kennywood! I'm surprised you didn't like the sausage gravy. That is one of our biggest hits on the breakfast bar. Haha.

Thank you again for staying with us! We hope to see you again!
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

My family and I stayed at the hotel last week and were very favorably impressed. The staff, from the moment we began check-in, couldn't have been more accomodating. We were initially given a room across from the elevator, which upon examination, I was concerned about due to being a light sleeper. They were more than happy to change it immediately, no problem. The whole hotel was clean and well cared for. There's a lovely fireplace in the lobby, with a super cushy seat in front of it. If I hadn't had things to do, I could have stayed there all day! The beds were perfectly comfy. The room was quiet and we all had a great night's sleep. In the morning, we very much enjoyed the breakfast, which had a good selection and was constantly attended to. You really must try the pancake making machine--you set the amount and they come out as if from a printer, and they were really scrumptious! I can imagine most children being enthralled--we thought it was one of the coolest things we'd seen lately. Of course, the usual H I Express cinnamon rolls were wonderful as always, and we really liked the tray of cheese omelets.
We all agreed we would certainly stay there again and actually wished we could've stayed longer!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
mmcfarland, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel! We take pride in what we do and we appreciate any feedback that we can get. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!
Lenexa, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

This is my second stay at this Holiday Inn and we loved it once again. Everything about our room was perfect, absolutely perfect. The room and bathroom were clean. We stayed there for the first few days of our trip to Pennsylvania, and stayed again for the last night. What makes this hotel, really, is that the staff is excellent and very friendly. They bend over backwards to make sure everything is right. We'll stay here again! Talk to Ray. He'll make everything right!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
mmcfarland, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
Thank you for the wonderful comments and thank you for staying with us! I will make sure to pass these comments over to Ray and the rest of our staff!

We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Mifflin
#3 of 5 in West Mifflin
Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin
Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh/Waterfront-West Homestead

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin? Share your experiences!