“Perfect and great price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in West Mifflin
“Perfect and great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

We are a large family so it's kind of hard for us to find a room that will accommodate us. On the way we decided to get two room that were connected by a door. I called the hotel to make the change. The gentleman who answered the phone recommended we go with a king bed suite and he upgraded us for free. We had plenty of room and the kids were crazy about the whirlpool jet tub. Everyone was helpful and polite. Great free breakfast. It saves us so much money. I would def stay here again and would recommend friends and family to stay here.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mmcfarland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin, responded to this review, 8 October 2012
Thank you so much for the great review! I am glad that we were able to make your stay an enjoyable experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Lenexa, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

I wish I could take the people from this hotel and put them in all the hotels I stay at when I travel! They make the stay just wonderful. Everyone is so friendly and pleasant and they all take pride in their hotel and the work they do. Each time I stay, everything is in perfect order, the rooms are very clean, breakfast is great, but the smiles from the personnel make it perfect. This hotel is only about a seven to ten minute drive to South Park, my favorite park in the area where I get my exercise walking and hiking with the critters in the early morning. It's also central to most everywhere I want to go when visiting 'home'. It's only a 20 minute drive to Downtown Pittsburgh and Mount Washington where I try to go at least once per visit just to watch the sunset over the city. The hotel does not have much turn-over, so they are doing something right to keep their great employees: Ray, Yolanda, Sam -- and everyone else that help make this place comfy (I wish I knew all your names).

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mmcfarland, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments! I will be sure to pass this on to the rest of our staff. We'd love to see you again soon!
PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

Typical HI Express,I found the staff to be helpful/cheerful, the hotel is in OK condition including the gym.As a Priority Club Platinum member I did not receive any additional perks such as water,goodie bag or even an offer of an upgrade !,probably the first time ever,I was not even thanked for my loyalty.
Breakfast was the typical HI offering,However it lacked fruit on one day,next no yoghurts.
I came away not disliking the hotel and staff,but wondering if they were cutting back on costs ?
Probably will give it another try.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I apologize for being out of fruit and yogurt the morning you had breakfast! This is certainly not a way for us to cut costs and I will work with the breakfast staff to ensure that proper quantities are being ordered in the future. We greatly appreciate you being a loyal Priority Club Member and I apologize for this not being recognized as well. We hope that you give us another opportunity to make up for these things in the future. Thank you again for staying with us!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed here at our recent trip to Pittsburgh. It is not very close to the Carnegie Science Museum which is what I was looking for. It was clean and the front desk was super helpful in telling us places to go and see. Lots of chain restaurants in the area, but nothing that would be more of a local resturant which we were looking for -

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay! We do have a locally owned family restaurant next door to us if you would happen to be in the area again. Just ask our staff for directions and a menu. Thank you again! We hope to see you in the future!
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

Everything was excellent, except the gym equipment is out dated and needs to updated.
Also the breakfast time is to short. It needs to go till 10 am.
The front desk staff went over and beyond their duty.
I would stay there again.
Needs a pool
Breakfast could be alittle healthier.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your feedback! We are glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us and we are thankful for your suggestions. You will be happy to know that our gym equipment is in the process of being updated! Unfortunately with breakfast that is controlled by the brand. You can however send suggestions to them as well by calling 1-800-HOLIDAY. Thank you again for staying! We hope to see you again soon!
Manning, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

we found the hotel average , it was however close to our work so that was good, rooms don't come standard with fridge /mcwave, but the CSR promptly brought us one, hotel laundry broken,and for using our points we should have been upgraded to a suite or a king room, but wasn't offered, breakfast (8), just wasn't real impressed overall

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Thank you for your feedback! I apologize for the issues that you had encountered during your stay. You will be happy to know that we met with Holiday Inn representatives this past week to start our renovation plans! This will include a complete overhaul of all public spaces and guest rooms. Our dryer in the guest laundry was unfortunately vandalized and is now repaired and on camera. We take our guest's satisfaction very seriously and we hope that you stay with us again in the future so that we can make up for this previous stay and make it more than just an average stay for you!
furnitureruss
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

I grew up and went to school in this town. I moved away many years ago, but still visit my family and friends on occassion. I generally stay at Marriott properties (primarily because I travel for work often and our company encourages us to). Anyway, I had enough points saved up from my prior Holiday Inn visits to stay here in West Mifflin on points this trip. I WAS platinum with Holiday Inn years ago. These days - I have no status at all with Holiday Inn. However, after a long flight from the West Coast arriving in West Mifflin close to midnight, upon our check-in we were told we have a king bed + jacuzzi suite. We were very surprised to hear this news, but also very thankful for the courtesy. I must admit we were nervous about staying at Holiday Inn Express solely because we've not had good night rest in the beds (which tend to be on the firmer side). On this trip, we asked for and received a few extra pillows which helped. By the end of our trip, our backs were a bit sore from the bed, but our overall experience was very positive.
Remember a few things .... this is an affordable hotel in West Mifflin. This is not the Ritz in Honolulu, so don't expect high-end, snooty amenities. DO expect a comfortable and clean room with modest furnishings including microwave/mini-fridge, nice people, a very nice free breakfast with the world famous cinnamon rolls, and other hot and cold food options, plenty of free parking, and everything else you would hope to have for a reasonbly priced hotel. Kudos to everyone we encountered at the HIE West Mifflin. It was a very pleasant stay - and extra bonus because for us we stayed on points. Thank you HIE West Mifflin!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank furnitureruss
mmcfarland, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you so much for the great comments! I will make sure that this is passed onto the rest of the staff here. We are glad that you gave us another chance and enjoyed your stay with us! You are exactly right in what you had said in your review. Being a Holiday Inn EXPRESS, we are the limited service version of a Holiday Inn property. We pride ourselves in being affordable, clean, comfortable and friendly. We want you to be able to check-in, relax and be yourself! Thank you again for staying with us! We hope to see you again!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Mifflin
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/West Mifflin
Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin
Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh South
Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh/Waterfront-West Homestead

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin? Share your experiences!