“Awesome experience alyssa and alaetra made my stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in West Mifflin
“Awesome experience alyssa and alaetra made my stay”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Its a really nice hotel all the staff was very nice but alyssa was by far the nicest she really went the extra mile to make sure I was satisfied and happy when I do come back shes the reason why. Alaetra was great as well very well mannered very nice kept telling me if I need anything to let them know. These girls deserve a raise. Really great experience will recommend to other people. Thank you for the hospitality with all thanks CHRIS

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank chris2721
David C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
A huge thank you for your outstanding kudos for our Front Desk team. We are very fortunate to have built a service oriented staff that do not simply come to work to collect a pay check. We have developed a dedicated family of individuals that love their jobs because of the guests' who stay with us. They are focused on doing whatever it takes to provide a memorable guest experience at our Holiday Inn Express and Suites! Alyssa and Alaetra are both prime examples of our continued commitment to provide great hotels that guests' (such as yourself) love!

We are glad that when you are back in the Pittsburgh area you will choose to let us meet your lodging needs again. We will be waiting to serve you and your friends and family again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Since this was my first business trip, I went for the hotel closest to my destination. Upon check-in, I was greeted by David, who upgraded my room & was extremely helpful! The room was great - clean & didn't smell, & actually way more than I expected. The mini-fridge & microwave made my short stay better, and the fabulous jacuzzi sure didn't hurt!! I was surprised by the awesome breakfast bar, as well as the Bath & Body Works complimentary items. Definitely a great choice!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
David C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
We would like to sincerely thank you for your outstanding review! We are happy to hear that you had a fantastic stay and that you found our level of service to be better thank expected! Our primary goal is to always provide clean, modern rooms with great amenities at a great rate and to show each guest better than expected guest service!

Thank you again for staying with us and for sharing your thoughts with your fellow travelors! We appreciate it.

Please call on us any time your need for lodging arises. You can always count on us to provide you with the great service and comfortable rooms that you have experienced and loved in the past!
Cresskill, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I booked the jacuzzi room for our anniversary since we were travelling for other reasons and requested early check-in. However, when we arrived later than expected, the room wasn't ready. Checking later, the room still wasn't ready due to a full house the night before and we were disappointed. The front desk manager, David, not only gave us a discount on the room for the wait, he gave an additional discount when he found out it was our anniversary. When we asked about restaurants in the area, he suggested one near by and offered to call to get us a free drink. However, it was the Mt. Washington area restaurants that he recommended which made such a difference. We had wonderful food and a fabulous view of the Pittsburgh rivers. The room was spacious and clean (which David personally checked beforehand) and comfortable. The jacuzzi was very relaxing. My husband, even with a bad back, had a good night sleep on the kingsize bed. It wasn't just the discounted room, but details like cold water, snacks, printed directions and the overall commitment to his customers which makes me recommend this hotel. We will definitely stay there again when we're in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary D
David C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for your kind and awesome review! This is exactly how I train each and every one of my staff members to embrace hospitality at our Holiday Inn Express - Pittsburgh, West Mifflin.

Our hotel is a very popular one. It is not rare for our hotel to sell out quickly. Our dedicated housekeeping staff work very hard to have every room guest ready by the guaranteed check-in time. I apologize that your room was not ready when you arrived.

I am thrilled, however, that we made it right and that you and your husband had a fantastic experience while celebrating your anniversary!

We are humbled and overjoyed that you will stay with us again. In fact, we will look forward to it!

On a personal note, it was a pleasure to meet you both and I am glad that my recommendations proved to be successful at making your night to celebrate one to remember.
Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My family was in town for a funeral and we could not have been more pleased with the staff during our stay. David, Joanne, Ray and team were extremely accommodating and made sure we had everything we needed. Thanks so much for making a difficult situation so enjoyable!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
I could not be happier that you found our service and staff to be so amazing! You witnessed and experienced hospitality and service at its best. Each of our staff members thank you for your written form of applause. We anxiously await for any future opportunities to meet your lodging needs!
Berryville, Virginia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed the weekend of 6/27/14 for two nights and had a nice stay. The staff was all very friendly and the breakfast in the morning was convenient and very good (my 4 yo loved the pancake machine). During the day there was water and lemonade in the lobby which was a great perk in the hot afternoons. The cons that we had were that there was no pool, but we were pretty busy with a family reunion so that wasn't too big of a deal and on Saturday night there was a party in the banquet hall. I am not one to rain on anyone's parade, but I had been given a room almost across the hall from it and getting my son to sleep when we got back at 11:00 was not easy when there was a bunch of noise (music, laughing, a little yelling) happening. I can't say what the staff would have done about this because we just dealt with it and after about midnight I didn't hear anything else. Again, I did not complain so I can't really hold this against the hotel. For my family's needs this location was great, the price was reasonable, and the employees were all very nice and helpful, I would recommend this hotel and am thinking of staying again for next year's reunion!

Room Tip: If you need a quiet room, request to be away from the banquet rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank wonderfulshana
David C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
We want to sincerely thank you for your review! It is great to know that you found were happy with your stay. You saw for yourself the commitment our staff has for providing awesome guest service. We are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed the breakfast in the mornings and the snacks in the evenings. That is what it is all about - our yummy way of saying thank you to our guests' and making them feel at home.

When any hotel has events going on or groups staying there can be occasions when noises accelerate more so than normal. Celebrations and reunions are fun for everyone in those groups. The noise can get out of hand. We know that. However, we always remember that there are a lot of guests' stating with us need their rest. Next time this situation arises, at any hotel, you should not hesitate to call the Front Desk. Our staff are trained to act accordingly by speaking to those with the loud noises. We have a knack at reminding them about the other guests' who might be sleeping while giving them suggestions to continue their celebration. It works well so that everyone enjoys their stay equally.

We are already excited about your reunion next year! It would be our absolute pleasure to host you and your family again!
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Hotel was clean. Breakfast was amazing. Staff was friendly when we checked in and when we were eating breakfast. The beds were soft and clean. The manager personally brought a crib to our room before we even got there. Parking was easy. They had Bath & Body Works shampoo and conditioner and lotion. There were NO bed bugs at all in the three rooms we had.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
David C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for the great review! I am proud, to say the least, that we exceeded your expectations! You saw for yourself what we want each and every guest to experience. Consistent excellent customer service and clean comfortable rooms along with a great breakfast to kick of your day!

Keep us in mind the next time you travel. It is our pleasure to host you and your entire family as our guests'!
Philippi, West Virginia
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The hotel was nice, super comfy beds and excellent staff. The bathrooms were smaller than a lot of hotels we have stayed in and there were some issues with the linens but overall nice stay. The staff was very friendly especially the manager , David. There was an issue with our credit card but he worked through it so that our stay wasn't interrupted. Very courteous. Thanks again David!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
David C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
I sincerely appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts about our hotel and about our staff. In my opinion it can take years to form a loyal relationship with a guest. Lets face it you have a lot of choices out there and you want to make a well informed decision when making a certain brand your "hotel of choice". I also believe that it only takes one bad experience to lose a loyal customer. This is why I train my staff to always treat each and every guest as if they were family. If a family member needs something, we do everything we can to get it to them. If a family member has a problem, we work hard to fix it. I am glad we succeeded in your case.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We will see you and your family the next time you visit. By the way, welcome to the family!
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Mifflin
#4 of 5 in West Mifflin
Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront
Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin
Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh/Waterfront-West Homestead

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin? Share your experiences!