“Great Food and Free Alcohol!”
Review of Sky Vue Restaurant

Sky Vue Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 67 Restaurants in West Mifflin
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Really good food that was hot and fresh and they gave us two free glasses of wine! How nice! Great place!

2  Thank janandber

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have never been in a restaurant this clean in my 66 years--even a couple of 5-star ones! There was not a speck of dust in the window shades, a crumb on the floor, cobwebs in lights--nothing! Really really clean. Atmosphere open and airy, clean fresh paint, interisting aviation themed decor. There is also a deck so you can sit out if you want to, but it overlooks the parking lot and the dumpsters. The view there could be improved. Waiter was excellent, friendly, helpful.

Portions were large. My french onion soup was a bit salty for my taste, but the flavor was there. Hubby's salad was fresh and looked marvelous. His steak, from-scratch garlic mashed potatoes and zucchini looked wonderful--he said it was excellent and perfectly cooked. My chicken & broccoli alfredo over ziti was a huge portion, cooked nicely, and was good, but bland, could have used more seasoning, garlic and cheese. It came with 2 large slices of tasty garlic bread. Their iced tea was good--tasted like the one I make at home with real tea bags...not the instant stuff.

I would really like to have tried one of their pecan or almond ice cream balls, but we were too full for dessert, so I asked for something to go. The waiter suggested an "excellent" lemon cake. I tasted it later in the evening, and was disappointed. While the cake was moist and the filling and whipped icing were very rich and creamy, it did not have the tart tangy lively lemon taste of juice and zest that one would expect. It seemed to have been flavored with lemon oil or something--too flat for my taste. Waiter said all desserts are purchased in, not made in-house.

There were other very interesting looking options on the menu, so we will definitely go back. For the $37 bill, this place is a great value! I will keep you posted on my findings....

1  Thank Kathleen R
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Just came back from enjoying the food and service at Skyvue. I am sorry to hear the bad reviews. But each and every single time we come here, and by now it's probably about 60 times, we have gotten excellent food and excellent service.
And the place is always immaculate. Today they were cleaning the pictures that hang in the restaurant. Daily they clean the menus with a spray cleaner and cleaning cloths.
I wish my house was half as clean anytime of the any day!

1  Thank Iluvgoodstuff
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Worse service ever. We thought we would take our mother there for Mothers Day dinner. Understanding service in the past has been slow, we knew we would have to wait a little bit.
But when four tables are sat after you and serviced their food before you got yours on top of it being a 1 hour and 15 minute wait for our food you know there is something wrong. And that's just the start, we never got half of our appetizers, and when complaining to management they said what do you expect it's Mothers Day and the waiter came over an stated, so I should I still make.
This place doesn't even deserve a star.

2  Thank Chris51912
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Had a business lunch here today...fish sandwich was great but the person that waited on us was miserable...middle aged blonde lady (Linda, according to my receipt)...took our order, acted like she was doing us a favor..had to wait to get a refill on the drinks too long, brought us the bill and just dropped it off...no "thanks for coming"...the person I was with has eaten here before, and she said this lady is always miserable..so a note to the owner: your service is hurting your business...does not matter how great the food is, if the service stinks, then people will not be back..just thought you should know..I still gave you a "very good" because the food was so good

3  Thank vikingscott