“Fit our family needs perfectly”

Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in White Haven
“Fit our family needs perfectly”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Room was spacious and well equipped, including a refrigerator which we needed for the baby formula. Nice pool. Everything clean. Staff helpful. Excellent breakfast. High chair available.

Room Tip: Room with 2 queen beds fit baby's foldable bed nicely. Table and chairs in room were useful.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank happytravelers133
Heatherwaltz, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Joan..

I would like to take a moment to personally thank you for your complimenting comments about your recent stay with the Comfort Inn - Pocono Mountain. Superior customer service as well as quality assurance is very important to myself and the future of the Comfort Inn - Pocono Mountain. I will be sure to pass along your review to my team members, please by the Front Desk and say Hi on your next visit.

~Heather

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We chose this hotel for our trip to the NASCAR race at Pocono Raceway. The hotel is less than 10 minutes from the track and easy to find because it sits just off of I-80 and the Pennsylvania Turnpike. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance and others are less than 5 mins. There is also a WaWa across the street. The breakfast in the morning is well stocked and the attendant when we were there was very friendly. The hotel pool is cool because at night the light in the pool area comes from a neon light in the pool. There were some minor issues like a broken luggage cart and some of the ice machines did not work, but overall it was convenient to be that close to the track. If you are coming to the race, consider staying here.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room on Floor 4-6. The office & amenities like the pool are actually on flo...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank jtwned24
Heatherwaltz, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Jtwned24...I would like to thank you for your recent review! I absolutely agree, our location does make it easy to access all of the Great Activities the Poconos has to offer. I also think the changing neon colors in the pool is pretty cool too..I am aware of our luggage carts and hopefully we will have a new one before your next visit, please stop by to say hello. Heather
Cape May Court House, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I realize this is 9 months after our vacation, but I wanted to say what a wonderful vacation stay we had at the Comfort Inn in White Have, PA. The staff was very friendly and accommodated every one of our needs that we may have had. I can't say enough about the Breakfast offered every morning. There was plenty of food offered, and it was good. It definitely was a money saver on our 5 day stay with our family not having to go out to breakfast each morning. The only complaint we had was that the cable television was a bit fuzzy, but they were just setting up new flat screen T.V.'s at the time, but we dealt with it and it didn't ruin our vacation. The location was a bit further out of our way from what we had planned to do on our vacation and we talked about trying to book a Comfort Inn closer to our vacation attractions for 2012, but because we received such excellent service at the White Haven location, we will be booking our vacation reservation there again this year and dealing with the extra travel time on the road.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Cheryl W
Heatherwaltz, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Cheryl W - Thank you for your review! I will definitely let our Team know that they made the difference on your return visit. I look forward to your next stay and if there is anything I am able to do to help find some closer attractions for you and your family to enjoy just let me know. ~ Heather Waltz, GM
Colebrook, New Hampshire
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I couldn't be more please with my stay at this hotel !!! Great customer service, nice clean freshly renovated and spacious room (free upgrade to jacuzzi).

Flat screen HD TV, great wifi, great breakfast, nice fitness center and business center!!!

A quick tip : the GPS may have a hard time finding this hotel so simply take exit 277 out of I-80 and you will find the hotel on your right ;-)

Enjoy!!!

• Stayed April 2012
4 Thank benoitleblanc
Thank you for review and your rating. I will pass your thoughts onto our team. I look forward to seeing you on your next stay! Heather
Tobyhanna
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Just wanted to give a shoutout to the Comfort Inn-White Haven!!!" Dog-friendly" is #1 to us!!!The hotel is huge, a great place to hold a conference.....pool reno is wonderful.......the new rooms are very spa-like..... and those waffles!!! They are an added bonus of staying there!!! Hotel staff is very friendly and accommodating, as well!! We will definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Betty K
Howell, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 April 2012

The hotel staff at the Comfort Inn White Haven is fantastic. They were very helpful about the area and things to do and places to eat. When we arrived the indoor pool was closed so they upgraded us to a suite. The hotel itself is nothing special but is located in a convenient area for mountain biking and white water rafting.

Room Tip: The third level is really the ground level so if you are lower than that you look out your window to...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wysocki9999
Heatherwaltz, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Thank you for your review, we like to think we are fantastic :) but its so much better when someone else thinks so!

I am pleased to let you know the pool and spa is open and rather inviting, especially with the great weather the Poconos is experiencing. Let me know if you plan on returning I would love to say hello.

~Heather
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We were concerned about the previous negative reviews. However, rest assured, "Choice" has been busy upgrading the rooms, service, and common/breakfast area. Everything looks new and the room was in great shape. My only complaint was that the TV offerings were limited--no hockey playoffs!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank murphbill
Thank you for your review! I am happy you liked our recent renovations at the hotel, we do too!

I would like to apologize for the Direct TV service, let me assure you that we are aggressively working on the Direct TV issues and hope to have them at full service shortly.

We pride ourselves in genuine customer service and look forward to seeing you again. On your next visit be sure to stop by the office and say hello.

Thanks again,
Pocono Resort Conference Center
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor

Been to Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain? Share your experiences!