“Pretty old, but still good”

Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in White Haven
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Hotel needs updating and badly. but not in the areas that would interfere with your stay. If you are skiing in Poconos, or just admiring fall foliage, it is a nice place to stay, given its proximity to highway. If you are a shopper, premium outlets are just about 20 min away. Other than that it's middle of nowhere, or middle of mountains. There are few Mc Donalds and Arbys across the street, but not much variety in terms of dining.
Hotel offers free breakfast, the regular stuff rolls, waffles and cereal, nothing exquisite, so do not expect much.The rooms need to be renovated,but they are clean.(They allow pets in there, so i was really thorough about pet hair, given to my allergies, but it was fine). Ask for a room, with even #, because they overlook the mountain, and you will get much better view, than highway noise on the odd numbered rooms.
Another oddity, is that hotel is built in the side of the mountain, and the 4th floor, counts as ground floor. It will take a day of getting lost until you figure that accessing pol, gym and breakfast lounge is actually going upstairs(we were on 3rd floor). The pool is Ok, and looks clean, but hot tub, is so gross looking that they will have to pay me to get in there.
If you are staying there for a quick visit to Poconos, it works just fine, esp. If you have kids and pets. Don't expect much though. However, staff is very friendly and helpful, and can advice you on things to do.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 October 2013

The hotel needs updating badly - wallpaper was peeling in spots and the furnishings looked dingy and well worn. The restaurant was closed but they did have a not too bad breakfast buffet. The front desk personnel had difficulties with my reservation and insisted that I had already registered even though I had just arrived. We went out to eat and when we got back, they had locked me out of my room and needed to swipe my credit card again. The problem was, the card was locked in the room and I had to wait several minutes for the desk clerk, who was overwhelmed, to go up and let me in. Our group was there for a driving course at Pocono Raceway and I think the hotel should have had more staff on hand to register everyone. We had previously stayed at another hotel, which was undergoing renovation, and this was our first time at this Comfort Inn. I don't know if the group will go back there or not.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Heatherwaltz, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Iva F ~

Thank you for your recent review. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for issues you experienced during your arrival. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Nice visit to Pocono area. Horse back riding available and plenty of fine dining.
Busy place had interruption of hot water during my shower, brief but happened.
Nice big comfortable beds. AC for daytime low heat for cool nights, worked quietly too. Bathroom was tiny.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend in August, using it as our "home base" so to speak. We actually stayed for two nights in one room, and a third night in another room - we checked out after two nights & then decided to spend one more night in the Poconos and came back because we liked the hotel. The location allowed us to explore hiking opportunities at Delaware Water Gap, Hickory Run State Park, & Lehigh Gorge State Park. Our room had a king size bed and it was very comfortable. My only complaints are two: 1) our first room was near the lobby & we could smell the pool in the room, and 2) the bathrooms seem like they were built for someone short in mind - I'm not tall by any means & had to bend over to use the sink & the toilet was mighty low to the floor. Despite the vertical challenges (because realistically, how much time do you spend in the bathroom?), we would definitely stay at this hotel again next time we are in the Poconos for a hiking adventure.

Room Tip: You can smell the pool in the rooms closer to the lobby.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Me and my husband stayed at this hotel for the weekend...It was just what we were looking for...it was very quiet...the staff was very professional and very nice to us...At first I wanted to switch rooms as our room was next to the elevator, the first night there were not able to do this but promised to do this on the next morning.....thankfully there was no need to change rooms as all was so quiet....This hotel is so convenient, especially if you are not from the area right off from route 80 which was great.....it is relatively close to nice restaurants in the area....the room was always clean, it is always nice to give a tip especially to housekeeping...tip tip tip whereever hotel you go to...Over all our stay was very good..

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2013

overall wonderful experience . staff very friendly . i also have to mention a housekeeper named joyce cleaned my room nicely , sweet personality , she is definitly an asset to your company . i will be returning again .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Heatherwaltz, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

Crystal C ~

Thank you for taking a moment to write a survey about your recent stay at Comfort Inn Pocono Mountain. I will be sure too give a big Kudos to Joyce! Guest satisfaction is very important to myself and all my team members. Its nice to let them know they are appreciated and there efforts do not go unseen.

We look forward to your next visit to the Pocono Mountains!

Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

I stay here couple times a month, doing Marcellus Shale business. They welcome me & Bailey( Springer Spaniel) with BIG smiles and complimentary water & snacks in our room ,everytime. They always inquire as to how we've been and make check in and our stay( usually 2 days) comfortable and pleasant. I'd recommend to any traveler, especially business travelers. Great access to several interstates, making travel to anywhere in the Southern Tier of Pa. a breeze!

• Stayed: August 2013

John E ~

Thank you for your kind words, we all look forward to your arrival and seeing Bailey! We know how much he enjoys his bagel..:) Hope you are enjoying the end of your summer.

See you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near White Haven
Mountain Laurel Resort & Spa
Mountain Laurel Resort & Spa
#6 of 6 in White Haven
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony
Pocono Resort Conference Center
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe

Been to Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain? Share your experiences!