“Great Stay for the Money”

Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in White Haven
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The hotel is very convenient to all activities in the area and major highways. The staff there is very accomodating and help us everytime we had a request from a bottle opener to and swimming vest for my 6 year old. Rooms were clean and many options for breakfast. The one suggestion I would provide is that they purchase a few more waffle irons as there tends to be a bit of a line and take about 30 mins to get to making your waffle. Overall good experience.

Room Tip: If traveling with a large group or 2 families you can request ajoining rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Once again was upgrade compliment of Choice for being a Diamond member to a spacious suite... Was very please...

Very kind and courteous staff, having fun and very helpful...

Very good breakfast selection in the morning considering other Choice hotels...

Very nice huge spacious suite... Very big flat screen TV great for movies and morning workout!!!

Fridge, microwave, comfy bed, large couch...

2 minor issues : very slow wifi Internet and door stucked; very hard to open for some reason (room 415 to fix door and lock)

Thanks!

• Stayed: March 2014
Heatherwaltz, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

benoitleblanc~

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I will be sure to share your comments with my team members. Come stay with us again!!!

~Heather

Reviewed 17 December 2013

If you are in the White Haven area and need a place for the night or the week this place is the way to go..From the first time I talk with Lauren the front desk person I knew that we were in for a great stay.
The staff was always friendly on all shifts if it was 3 in the afternoon or 3 at night there were there to help in any way..The breakfast was great fresh and plenty of it..The breakfast staff was so friendly I was amazed with the service they gave..You don't see that at all hotels..
I don't know what to say about the beds but WOW what a great night sleep we had. The room was so clean that I couldn't even find a speck of dirt..For you lover's out there they do have a Hot Tub Suite that is prefect...Don't forget to ask them about the package deal if they have one call sweetheart deal..
This hotel is just 2 hrs from New York City so you can still go to the big city and then come back to the Mt. There are plenty of fast food places to eat at right there but if you want a good place for Dinner ask Lauren about the Fork's Family Restaurant (look for my review)
So the best thing I can say about this hotel is it is the best place to stay and have fun at..They have indoor pool too...
Just 30 mins away from the Casino and other places that are nice to see..
While on or Honeymoon we stay at 2 Comfort Inns and found them both to be the best places to stay at..so if you are out on the highway and need a place to stay find yourself a Comfort Inn to stay at you wont be disappointed...specially at this one...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

When recently traveled to the Poconos region with our dog, and we found the White Haven Comfort Inn very convenient for us. It's a pet-friendly hotel that didn't cost very much and was convenient to a lot of activities - such as a great fly fishing shop just down the road, a horse riding ranch also a few short miles away, and about a half hour drive to CBK Adventures, where we went zip-lining. My husband was able to fish both Hickory Run and Lehigh River nearby, and the Poconos were beautiful in the fall. We did sign a pet agreement upon arrival, and the front desk clerk was really nice and made an exception for us in leaving the dog alone (but crated) in the room, as long as we provided cell numbers in case of noise (we weren't gone for long periods and didn't have any problems at all) - she was really nice and struck up a good conversation about our dog and her daughter's dog. The hotel offered a full spread for a continental breakfast, and the attendants were always friendly and helpful in the mornings. The room was average, but the bed was super comfy, and the bathroom was relatively clean. There was a mild musty or smoky smell throughout the hotel, but it met our expectations for the price we paid.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed here for a Karate Tournament that was held at Split Rock resort. This hotel is 5 mins away from Split Rock Resort. The outside looks old however the inside was very nice for a budget friendly hotel. The room was clean, the bathroom was well stocked. The bed was ultra comfortable and the room was spacious. The room also included a 42 inch Flat Screen TV, microwave and mini refrigerator. We didn't use the pool however we did walk around and it was clean and enough room for children to play and have fun. The game room was small but nice enough to entertain children. The hotel offered a buffet breakfast, my family was very impressed with the breakfast. The Buffet Breakfast included danish, breads, Cereal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, bagels, OJ, Apple Juice, Bacon, Sausage and mini omelet's and my kids favorite the homemade waffles. The kitchen area where the buffet was served is small however the food was replenished very quickly. Overall we enjoyed this hotel and we rated it 5* (excellent) because we paid under $100 for a family of four and we sleep and ate well. This is a comfort Inn not the Ritz Carlton so we received more than we paid for. The resort staff was very friendly and helpful. We will stay here next year!!!

Room Tip: The only tip I would suggest is to register as a comfort inn guest so you can earn points!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stayed here on the way to NY. Our room was basically clean, the bed comfortable, and the bathroom acceptable. A good cleaning behind things is in order though. The room smelled clean and fresh and that meant a lot. Overall the hotel was clean and orderly. The breakfast was quite good and that was a big plus.
The hotel staff was polite and helpful and referred us to a wonderful restaurant we'd never have found without their help. The location is easy to find and easy to get back on I-80. We'd stay here again if the need ever arose.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We had lovely time for a one-nite stay on the nite of 5 Oct 2013. My Mom and I found the 2 queen beds firm and well-quilted, with 4 pillows. Each bed had two soft and two 'firm' pillows, but I need really hard pillows. The ample-sized room had a micowave and frig (slightly larger than usual) which we always appreciate. The bathroom was clean and well-stocked with towels. The cozy lobby had a welcoming feel, which the reception person also radiated. Round the clock coffee, tea and cocoa and a REAL hot breakfast was a sure winner for both of us. I just recommend that management installs an assist bar on the inner side of shower/bath stall for elderly customers. You need not be handicapped to really appreciate that assist bar. An exercise room provided opportunity to burn off some calories. All is well at this hotel and we hope to return soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SkierhikerGal
Heatherwaltz, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

SkierhikerGal~

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Pocono Mountain. I will be sure to share your review with my team members to let them know they are appreciated.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

~Heather

Also consider these accommodations in or near White Haven
Mountain Laurel Resort & Spa
Mountain Laurel Resort & Spa
#6 of 6 in White Haven
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony
Pocono Resort Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor

Been to Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain? Share your experiences!