“Perfect - A real family feel”

Deer Path Riding Stable
Ranked #3 of 11 things to do in White Haven
More attraction details
Owner description: Scenic guided trail rides through the Pocono forest. Gentle horses, helpful guides and an "easy does it" pace makes for a great outdoor experience, even for first timers.We Love Beginners.
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My wife and I along with our 18 yr old son and his 18 yr old girlfriend went on the 1 hr ride on March 11th, 2014. The folks at Deer Path were extremely friendly and also offered up interesting information about the horses and riding in general. The woodsy setting was beautiful with snow covering the outlying areas but the path itself was clear. It felt like something out of a movie.
The ride itself was comfortable for us as novice riders, and it was nice that we had the opportunity (and chose to) to trot on three sections of the trail.
The price was also very reasonable and cheaper than other 1 hour rides we saw advertised.

We would definitely go back and recommend Deer Path Riding Stables.

2  Thank bbell98138

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Awesome Horseback Riding for the Family, we visited on 12/27, for a sunset ride through the 20 acres of snow covered woods. The staff was very warm and patient with our small children, we even had a tour of the stables and got to see the new fawn and their pony. John and John, provided excellent easy to understand instructions for kids and adults alike. The horses are very well trained, clean and gentle. We took the 1 hour ride and unlike some other places, the folks at Deer Path Riding, gave us a full hour on the trails, no short cuts or milking the clock.
We will be back for more fun memories ! And they accept credit cards, did I mention the pony rides for the little ones are only $5 .....

Reviewed 12 November 2013

The hour trail ride was gorgeous during the fall. The website talks about offering first-time riders a lot of training, but don't expect it - you get about 30 seconds of instruction and then take off in a line of other riders behind a guide who doesn't really offer much instruction along the way. Luckily, the horses are pretty routine and know to follow each other. My horse kept going sideways and trying to perhaps scratch his behind against every single tree or bush we passed, and I did leave with a few scratches up my arm and fallen leaves in my hair. I was pretty nervous the whole time but am so glad I can scratch horseback riding off my bucket list, and the trail in the fall time was absolutely breathtaking. Not sure if the riding boots were more germy than bowling shoes, so if you have your own boots, wear them. Tennis shoes won't work. I would recommend it to anyone staying in the area - it was a good experience. Just be prepared to be in the mercy of your horse! They are beautiful creatures and each has their own personality.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Enjoyed our ride thru the woods. Our grandchildren had a pony ride the next day. Liked our ride and location

1  Thank chef on the go
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Lady who took us out was very friendly and helpful, older gentleman dressed as a cowboy gave us riding instructions and adjusted our stirrups. Love that they had boots, foot spray and wipes to use, also helmets available. Nice ride for 32.00 for an hour beautiful place would go again.

1  Thank 79Helen08