“Stay here when in Wilkes Barre, PA area”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in White Haven
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Stay here when in Wilkes Barre, PA area”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Finally found a decent hotel in this part of PA. I have been stung so many times when traveling in this area. Mostly overpriced and unclean hotels. Holiday Inn is hard to locate as it has no street address for your GPS, but road sign brings you right into the property. Easy on and off. Front desk was very friendly and recommended a nice ma and pa restaurant in the area. Bedding package was in good condition and the room was very clean. Breakfast was up to Holiday Inn standards, fresh and fully stocked.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on back side of hotel away from Hiway.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mas4467

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Thin walls, first floor is loud, and the one near laundry room is louder. Staff awakes you next door to the washer and dryer. I wish other patrons had respect for others, walking and jumping loud. Slamming doors, would really help the Hotel experience. But I have to say I know what to expect. And that's what we got. Its a shame that people have no regards to others late at night and ealry in the AM. Wish hotels would find a way for the doors not to "slam" all day and night. Room was clean and tended to right. Parking lot could use more light. Can't speak for the breakfast to early one day and to late the next. But for what's around Pocono, the cleanliness will have me come back.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank kazu79
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Check in on Friday evening was easy. Front desk was very helpful, gave us directions to Mohegan Sun and Whitewater Challengers. Hotel hallways on the second floor smelled musty. The room faced the highway which can be heard in the room but not a big deal. There were earplugs on the nightstand - these were used for the constant slamming of doors and stampeding children through the hallways. The breakfast was like a herd of buffaloes pushing and shoving for powdered eggs, biscuits, mini muffins and some strange pancake machine. I took my coffee to my room in order to avoid injury. Not a pleasant atmosphere but it's more of a representation of the hotel guests. The Wawa across the street offered a good quick meal option and for drinks given the vending machines in the hotel were out of water. The hotel served its purpose - a place to sleep. I will not be returning or recommending to others.

• Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Dear Antonietta121,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the noise and the breakfast experience during your stay. We will look into this point. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
San Carlos, California
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We were very tired by the time we reached White Haven having awakened at 5:00 a m to catch the Marthas Vineyard Ferry,then braved weekend traffic, only to find difficulty in booking a room along Interstate 80 in PA.We were so fortunate to find the last room at Holiday Inn White Haven.My service from Stephanie Falco was amazing, above and beyond.She found out I had an old rewards club point total of 11,000 points !Calling IHG Rewards was frustrating, but Stephanie helped at every turn, thank goodness, because the room is immaculate, light, airily and updated.If it were not for Stephanie and her assistant Dana,we would not be here.I am utterly grateful!

Room Tip: We are in 327, very quiet,nice green view,no traffic noise.If you need help, Stephanie Falco is prof...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Stayed here one night. Hotel was clean and the location was right off I 80. The hotel shows it's age a bit. The restaurant next door is now closed. No good restaurants nearby, but there is a MacDonald's and fuel just down the road.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Melissa T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear AAMEL,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. It is pleasing to know that our location was of easy access for you. However, I apologize if you found our property to be a bit dated. We take all feedback seriously and we will certainly use your comments to enhance our efforts.

I hope the next time you're in the area you give us another chance to host you.

Regards,

Pam G
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Worst night EVER. Walls are so thin you can hear EVERYTHING. We called the front desk to complain about the loud noises at midnight and they did nothing about it. Do not bring small children as I think this hotel is used for "hourly" visits. The noise was so loud and disgusting. I will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Kynnlevin
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear Kynnlevin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Philadelphia
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I spent one night at this Holiday Inn Express and I was very happy with my stay. My room was very clean and I was upgraded to a King sized bed without me even asking. My room contained a large sofa, comfortable bed, a nice workstation with free wifi and a small kitchen area with a refrigerator, sink, and microwave. Great service at the front desk...very gracious and professional. Finally,the included breakfast was delicious. Overall, this is a well thought-out hotel, both in design and service.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Best Western Inn At Blakeslee-Pocono
Inn at Jim Thorpe
Inn at Jim Thorpe
#1 of 1 in Jim Thorpe

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony
Address: Route 940 @ I-80 & I-476, White Haven, PA 18661
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Pocono Mountains Region > Luzerne County > White Haven
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in White Haven
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Welcome to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Pocono Mountain, a completely 100% tobacco free hotel, the best place to Stay Smart in White Haven with easy access to the Interstate 80, Interstate 476 and Route 940 intersection. Our hotel is centrally located to take advantage of all the Northeastern Pennsylvania area has to offer. Area attractions include Split Rock Resort Indoor Water Park, Pocono Raceway, Jack Frost Mountain, Bushkill Falls, The Crossings Premium Outlets, Whitewater Rafting, Big Boulder Ski Area, Lake Harmony, Jim Thorpe, Mohegan Sun Casino and many others. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony