“Wonderful experience”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in White Haven
New York City, New York
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

What a great place. The staff was really friendly, it was an incredibly good deal, and our one bedroom suite looked out over a rolling green lawn. The room had a full, well equipped kitchen. They have a large pool and great hot tubs. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for one with a view of the outdoor pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Camilla S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 March 2013

After staying at many time-shares, this was definitely not what I am accustomed too. Check-in was not smooth & my husband actually walked away to sit on the couch. There were 2 ladies working & seemed very overwhelmed. One was trying to answer a customer on the phone & kept asking the lady who was trying to check me in for answers. They eventually switched places to help me and it just wasn't a smooth transition. As many reviews have said, it was very outdated. The mattress was very uncomfortable & we actually left a day early because my husband couldn't sleep. I do have to agree that the place was at least clean. Some places tend to feel very creepy/dirty when they are old/outdated, but I didn't feel that way here. The tvs are still very large (deep) and small and you walk in on top of the kitchen. My husband and I couldn't even walk out the door at the same time. The "balcony" looks out into the parking lot--what a great view. There are plenty of parking spaces at least. The pool was nice, but there was no spa or restaurant...the partnership with Split Rock is nice so that you can use their amenities like the pool, spa, restaurants etc. The hallways are very noisy & we could hear people walking past our room. Water pressure on the shower was not very good & the toilet had a hard time flushing. Definitely would not stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mbo04
Wantagh, New York
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We booked this hotel from a time share and only read reviews after the fact. Needles to say I was nervous to stay here after reading them. We are a family with 3 children from Long Island. We travel often and typically to 4 or 5 star hotels (Moon Palace-Cancun, Disney Beach Club Villas, etc). This is definitely not a 4 or 5 star hotel, but it is a clean 3 star resort near everything. It was updated in the late 1990s, however, it was updated with 70s decor. The rugs were clean, the mattress was clean, the bathroom was clean, the kitchen was clean. Not my style, but clean. Checked for bed bugs-pulled out beds, lifted mattresses, nothing there. The pool was clean and warm, as was the hot tub. The staff was very friendly. There are daily activities set up for the kids, from Bingo to Movie night. The only cons were that the restaurant and spa are no longer open, and the bar is only open sometimes. The beds were not super comfy either, but not terrible. I uploaded some photos...We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit, rooms 115-117-119. My sister stayed in room 143 and she felt the same way. Our room had a VCR/DVD player, my sister's room only had the VCR player. This hotel was probably beautiful "back in the day." This hotel should not have the bad reputation it has. Again, if you are looking for 4-5 star, this isn't it...but then again, leave the poconos.

Room Tip: Our room was at the end of the hall which had direct access to parking lot...very easy for loading s...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank maddya
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 31 January 2013

I am overly disappointed with this resort. We were to stay in a condo, what we got was a converted hotel room. It is all out dated, pillows flat, mattress awful, bathrooms w/ pink fixtures, no spa, no restaurants no bar. It is like a ghost town. This place is falling apart. This resort is part of our times share! Worst place every!! I will never come back here again!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank Ellen1215
Reviewed 27 December 2012 via mobile

.We were looking forward to spending our Christmas vacation here. Pictures of the 'resort' looked nice. Check in was extremely smooth and easy. Kelly provided great customer service. Kelly and the pool sum up the positives. The 'resort' features furnishings from the 70s, no spa, no restaurant, no bar, no outdoor activities during the winter bc it is the off season, and bingo twice daily. If you are a senior, this may be appealing to you. I would not recommend this Stephen King throwback to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012
7 Thank KMBRLR24
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Mice droppings, food waS eaten off counter. So out dated nothing for kids. Place is a dump needs serious help! Changed our room and still droppings in other. Now we are here now on vacation and they are telling us they can't do anything. We pay enough for our time share.

• Stayed November 2012
5 Thank Pumpkinhead129
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 25 October 2012

So I was pleasantly suprised with this resort. While there were limited outside activities-it is October-the resort was very well put together. The pool was the perfect temp and plenty large to accomodate those who were active with volleyball and those who preferred to float quietly in the deep end. The sauna was wonderful and the hottubs were beautiful-very well placed and great temp with the exception of one night that was a bit cool and then too hot after they turned it up.

The bar area was elegant and the tree top launge was a nice get away from the hustle and bustle of the downstairs bar. One wing of rooms was being renovated and I look forward to seeing that next time. The room I was in was a simple two queen room. Decent bathroom and great hot water and pressure. Nice view of the outside pool and wooded area. There is a shared balcony between every two rooms and no lock on the screen so you have to shut the glass door and blinds if you have neighbors but we did not. Also, the ledge that runs along the balcony joins them all so if you are concerned about your privacy keep your door closed and locked. The only real room complaint was the bed-hard as a rock! I hope that gets changed with the renovation! The tv was an outdated tube style but functioned fine and I wasnt there to tune in anyway.

The grounds were nicely kept and secluded even though it wasnt too far from the expressway. 8 minutes in either direction got you to a strip mall or a town for food/beverages/supplies. There was no onsite restaurant the weekend I was there so you do have to go out for food but the hotel staff was great with suggestions and there is a coffee/snack shop as well as an activity room. I would like to suggest they invest in wi-fi for the rooms-its only available in the lobby area.

All in all it was an inexpensive weekend getaway and I would go back. I'm looking forward to the horseback riding next time and maybe a trip to the mini beach they have!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a balcony facing the wooded back lot. The parking lot isnt nice to see in th...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
#2 of 3 in Lake Harmony
Lake Harmony Inn
Lake Harmony Inn
#1 of 1 in Lake Harmony

Been to Mountain Laurel Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!