We stayed 2 nights here in early August 2004. Made a last minute reservation, and felt lucky they had a room. Walking into the resort, we thought we hit the jackpot - first appearances were very nice. But, you get what you pay for. Very reasonable rates, and the facilities were nice - indoor and outdoor pools, horseback riding, restaurants - even had a children's program to entertain them for a few hours at a very reasonable cost. Staff was nice and attentive. But our room was TERRIBLE - very old, and although it was probably clean enough, the furniture and carpets and bedding were so worn and old that it didn't feel clean. The patio furniture was a disgrace - so dirty we had to put towels on the chairs to sit down, bugs and cobwebs on the patio table. The patio railing was made of wood and in such bad shape, that I actually got a splinter. The bathroom had peeling wallpaper, water stained ceiling, and a bulb was not installed in the heat lamp because of the water damage. The carpet throughout was old and was dirty, although well vacuumed. Droopy & small beds. Old and worn curtains, dirty sliding glass doors. We won't return unless we hear that the place has been completely revamped. Turns out this is a timeshare place, and the sample rooms are lovely - but what a disappointment when you see the "real rooms". Glad we weren't there on a "program" deal. Has a lot of potential, but needs some serious room redecorating.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mountain Laurel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain Laurel Hotel White Haven
- Mountain Laurel Resort And Spa
- Mountain Laurel White Haven
- Mountain Laurel Resort Spa